To Return SoundCloud Music Caching Feature To An Android Device
Soundcloud is currently the biggest music hub available on the internet and possibly the best music streaming app that Android and iOS users can use. The Android version has over 50 million downloads.
Because of their apps popularity, the developers are always introducing new features and improvements through updates. One of the coolest features they introduced was music caching. This feature allowed user to set cache sizes in their settings and play song which would then get cached. The app saved the cached songs offline so no internet connection was needed for users to play songs they played once in the SoundCloud app.
While music caching was cool, in their most recent update, SoundCloud removed this feature. The reason given was to enhance the technical capabilities of the app and improve user experience. So now you have to stay connected to the internet when you want to play songs.
Many users are unhappy with the loss of music caching and because of this have switched from SoundCloud to other music apps. SoundClouds advantage over apps like Spotify remain that it’s a free service.
If you don’t want to give up on SoundCloud and really miss the music cache feature, we have good news for you. We have found a method by which you can return the music caching feature to your SoundCloud app. Just follow along with our guide below.
How To Get SoundCloud Music Caching Feature Back On Android
- The first thing that you will need to do is uninstall the current version of SoundCloud that you have on your Android device.
- Go to settings. In settings > apps / application manager > all > SoundCloud.
- Tap on SoundCloud to access its settings.
- Tap Uninstall to completely uninstall the current latest version of SoundCloud on your device.
- Download SoundCloud 15.02.02-45 apk file.
- Copy downloaded apk file to the device’s SD card.
- Go back to the device’s settings > security > allow unknown sources.
- Using file manager, find the copied SoundCloud apk file. Tap on the file to install it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install app. When the installation is finished open the app.
- Go to SoundClouds settings. You should see that the music caching feature has been returned.
- Go to the Google Play Store in your Android device. Go to the SoundCloud app and tap the three dots that you will see on the top right corner of the screen. Choose the option to turn off auto updates for SoundCloud.
Have you returned music caching on SoundCloud on your Android device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.