“Insufficient Storage Error” is a common error when installing apps. When an error like this happens, check first your storage. If you have enough
How to Fix Insufficient Storage Error In Android Installation
“Insufficient Storage Error” is a common error when installing apps. When an error like this happens, check first your storage. If you have enough storage but still get the same error, these easy steps will help you out.
This message usually appears when you download media files with large sizes or when you install large apps.
Note: Before moving on with the steps, check your storage if you have enough data available. If you have limited or no data available, delete or remove media files like videos, audio, or photos. You can also uninstall unwanted apps to free up some space.
Fixing Insufficient Storage Error
- Install the App Cache Cleaner. You can download this from Play Store.
- Launch the App after installation.
- The Cache Size of all your applications will be calculated automatically and will be displayed on your screen.
- After calculating, you will then be notified if you want to clear cache of all your applications. It will be cleared by just clicking on the clear button found at the bottom of the screen.
- Another option is to individually clear cache in each application. You can do this by using the Dust Bin icon on the right side of every application.
- As you go along, certain amount of space are freed up. You can now install more apps.
- You can Schedule Reminder to make sure that your cache is constantly freed up of space. Everytime your cache reaches a specific amount of space you will be notified about it. Or you can set a time interval to remind you to clear cache.
- You may also set up an “Auto Clear All Cache” by time intervals. Just click on the icon that looks like 3 dots on the top right side. Go to Settings > Scroll down and click “auto clear interval”. Choose your desired time to schedule the intervals.
Cache is a temporary storage of documents like HTML pages and image thumbnails. By clearing it, you minimize bandwidth usage, lag and server load.
Share questions, concerns and experience by leaving a comment below.