Bootloop is when your device gets stuck in the boot screen. When this happens, the animation in the boot screen gets stuck and goes on and on.
Recover From Bootloop Error
Bootloop is when your device gets stuck on the boot screen. When this happens, the animation in the boot screen gets stuck and goes on and on.
It occurs when you try to install custom ROMs or use Odin to install mods and tools. When this happens, don’t do anything but follow this guide.
Reasons why bootloop happens:
The most common reasons are changing default files, messing with the device’s root and restarting halfway. Common instances when boot loop occurs:
- After you install Custom ROM
- Flash wrong Kernel
- Run incompatible game or app
- Install custom mod
Things to Remember:
These things help you avoid issues with the device:
- Create a backup of your call logs, contacts, and messages
- ROM to be installed should be compatible with your device.
- Backup media before installing custom themes, mods or kernels
- Avoid installing apps from outside sources.
How to get free from boot loop?
If you do not have a custom recovery on your device, do the following:
- Take out the battery and re-insert it after 30 seconds.
- Enter into Recovery mode by holding down Home, Power and Volume up keys (for Samsung) or Volume up and Power keys (for other devices).
- When you are in Android System recovery, choose the “Wipe Cache Partition” using the volume keys and confirm using the power key.
- Wipe data or reset factory and reboot.
- If nothing happens, take out the battery and after 30 seconds, insert the battery again. Boot into recovery and Wipe data or factory reset.
If you have a custom recovery:
- Take the battery out and insert it again in 30 seconds.
- Hold down Volume Up, Home and Power keys for Samsung to enter into recovery. For non-Samsung devices, press Volume up and Power keys.
- Advance to “Wipe Dalvik Cache”
- Go to “Mount and Storage”. Wipe Cache again.
- Reboot the device.
If the problem persists,
- Reboot in CWM recovery
- Enter “Mount and Storage” > “Wipe Data” and Wipe Cache
- Reboot the device.
Got a question or want to share your experience ?
You can do so in the comment section below