TWRP Recovery 2.7 On The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo LTE N7505
When it comes to custom roms and flashing different zip files using a recovery, TWRP is considered one of the best of what’s available. TWRP is easy to use and it has the advantage of allowing you to select all the files you want to flash in one shot, installing them automatically one-by-one. This reduces the effort as you don’t need to go back every time you want to flash a file.
TWRP can also make a back-up of your current ROM that you can restore afterwards if something happens to the ROM you installed. The interface is also simpler then the other popular custom recovery, CWM.
In this guide, we are going to show you how to install TWRP Recovery 2.7 on a Galaxy 3 Neo LTE. Before we begin, make sure of the following:
- Your device is the proper model. Check by going to Settings> About. If the model number is SM-N7505, go ahead. Don’t use this guide with any other device.
- You have backed up all your important messages, contacts and call logs.
- You have backed up your mobiles EFS data.
- You have enabled USB debugging mode.
- You have downloaded USB Driver for Samsung Devices.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install CWM Recovery:
- First download TWRP Recovery 2.7 for the Galaxy Note 3 Neo here on to a computer and extract the zip file.
- Download and install Odin on the computer.
- Turn off the phone and turn it back on by pressing power, volume down and home buttons at the same time. You should see some text appear on the screen, when you do let go of the three buttons and press volume up to continue.
- Install USB drivers.
- Open Odin and connect phone to the PC while it is in Download mode.
- If the connection is successful, the Odin port should turn Yellow and you should see a COM port number.
- Click the PDA tab and select “openrecovery-twrp-220.127.116.11-hlltexx.img.tar”.
- In Odin, check the auto reboot option.
- Click start and wait for the process to finish.
- When installation is complete, your phone should restart. When you see the Home Screen and get a pass message on Odin, disconnect your phone from the PC.
- To check that CWM is installed, go to Recovery. Turn off your phone. Now turn it back on by pressing power, volume up and home until you see text on-screen. The text should say CWM Recovery.
If you find yourself stuck Into bootloop after the Installation Process.
- Go to Turn off the phone then turn it back on by pressing power, volume up and home until you see text on-screen.
- Navigate to Advance and choose Wipe Devlik Cache.
- Now choose Wipe Cache.
- Finally, select Reboot System Now.
Have you installed a custom recovery on your Galaxy Note 3 Neo?
Share your experience in the comments box below.