Install Custom Recovery TWRP 2.7 On A Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
TWRP custom recovery is the best custom recovery for your device if it is a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to install TWRP 2.7 Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 and GT-I9195.
Before we begin, let’s review a few of the reasons you might want to have a custom recovery installed on your phone.
If you have custom recovery you can:
- Install custom roms and mods on your phone
- You can make a nandroid backup of your phone’s current system
- You can flash SuperSu.zip file
- You can wipe the cache and dalvik cache
Prepare your phone:
- Make sure your device is a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 and I9195. Check device’s model number by going to Settings>More>About Device.
- Charge phone so it has at least 60 percent of its battery life.
- Back up all you important media content, messages, contacts and call logs.
- Have an OEM cable to establish a connection between your phone and the PC.
- Turn off Anti-virus programs or Firewalls.
- Enable phone’s USB debugging mode.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- USB drivers
- Download Odin3 v3.10.7
- The appropriate TWRP Recovery for your device:
- TWRP Recovery2.7 for Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 TWRP Recovery 2.7 for Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195
Install TWRP Recovery on a Galaxy S4 Mini:
- Open Odin3
- Put your device into download mode by first turning it off completely then turn it back on by pressing and holding down the volume down, home and power buttons.
- When you see a warning, let go of the three keys and press volume up
- Connect the phone to your PC.
- If your phone is connected properly, the ID:COM box in Odin should be blue.
- Click AP tab, select downloaded Recover.tar file.
- Make sure that your Odin screen looks exactly like the image below.
- Hit start and let the recovery flash. When it is through, your device should reboot.
- Press and hold down the volume up, home and power buttons an you should be able to access the TWRP Touch Recovery.
How to root:
- Download SuperSu.zip file.
- Place the downloaded file onto the phone’s SDcard
- Open TWRP Recovery
- Select Install>SuperSu.zip.
- SuperSu should flash now.
- When flashing is through, reboot the device.
- Locate SuperSu in your app drawer.
Do you have TWRP Touch Recovery on your Galaxy S4 Mini?
Share your experience in the comments box below.