Root And Install TWRP On Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Samsung has released an update to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for the Galaxy Tab S 10.5. By constantly releasing updates, Samsung has kept the Galaxy Tab S series a top-of-the-line device.
If you’ve updated your Galaxy Tab S 10.5 to Android 5.0.2, you might want to root it and install a custom recovery in order to customize your device. In this post, were going to show you how to gain root access and also install a custom recovery (TWRP Recovery 126.96.36.199) on a Galaxy Tab S 10.5.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide should only be used with a Galaxy Tab S 10.5 of the following variants
- Check your device’s model number by going to Settings>System>About Device. Using this with other devices will brick your device.
- Charge phone to at least over 50 percent.
- Enable USB debugging mode by first going to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If Developer Options is not there, go to About Device and then look for Build Number. Tap the build number seven times then go back to Settings. Developer options will be activated.
- Back up all important SMS messages, call logs and contacts as well as important media content.
- Have an original data cable to connect your phone and a PC.
- Disable Samsung Kies on your phone and Windows Firewall and any Anti-virus programs on your PC. You can turn them on when installation is over.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Samsung USB Drivers onto your PC.
- Odin3 v3.10.onto your PC. Install.
- Root+Recovery.tar file. Make sure to get the appropriate one for your device.
- zip file.
Root & Install TWRP Recovery On Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Running Android Lollipop
- Put the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 into download mode by first turning it off completely and then turning it back on by pressing and holding the volume down, home and power keys. When the device boots up and shows a warning, press volume up button to continue.
- Open Odin 3
- Click “AP” tab and select the TWRP.tar file you downloaded.
- Let the file load. Connect your device to your.
- Check the Auto-reboot option on Odin. If it is unticked, tick it. Leave all the other options untouched.
- When Odin detects your device in download mode, you should see the ID:COM box located on its top-right corner turn blue.
- Click the start button. Odin will begin flashing the TWRP file.
- When flashing ends, your device should automatically reboot.
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In TWRP Recovery, tap on Install>Install Zip. Find SuperSu on the list, then Swipe to flash it.
- When flashing is done, reboot your system.
- Check your app drawer. You should see the SuperSu app. If you are asked to update SU binary, update.
- Install BusyBox
- Use Root Checker to verify that you have root access.
Have you got root access and TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy Tab S 10.5?
Share your experience in the comments box below.