The Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082
There is a new version of ClockworkMod custom recovery, the philz advance edition. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to install this CWM 6 on a Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082.
If you install a custom recovery on your device, you will be able to install custom roms and mods in it. You will also be able to make a Nandroid backup and wipe cache and dalvik cache. Also, in some cases, to root a phone, you need to flash a SuperSu.zip file and these need to be done in custom recovery.
Prepare your Phone:
- This guide is only for use with the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 and not with any other devices. Check that your device’s model number is correct by going to Settings>General>About device.
- Make sure that your device is running Android 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
- Your battery has 60 percent of its charge.
- Back up important media content, messages, contacts and call logs.
- Have an OEM data cable to establish a connection between your phone and a PC.
- Turn off any antivirus programs and firewalls to prevent connection issues.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we ore the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Odin PC
- Samsung USB drivers
- CWM Recovery.zip.tar here
Install CWM 6 Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos:
- Open the Odin3.exe that you downloaded and extracted.
- Put your device into download mode by pressing and holding down on the volume down, home and power keys at the same time. When you see a warning on your screen, press volume up to continue.
- Connect the phone to the PC.
- When Odin detects your phone, you should see the ID:COM box turn light blue.
- Click the PDA tab. Select the Recovery.zip.tar file you downloaded.
- If you have the Odin v3.09, instead of the PDA tab, use the AP tab.
- Make sure that your Odin looks like the photo shown below.
- Click start to begin the flashing process. You should see a process bar in the first box above ID:COM
- You should now have installed CWM recovery on the Galaxy Grand Duos.
Note: There is also CWM 220.127.116.11 available for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos. If you would want to update CWM 6 to this update, follow this guide.
Update to CWM 18.104.22.168 on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos:
- Download CWM 22.214.171.124.zip here
- Copy the downloaded file into the phone’s SDcard.
- Boot the device into CWM recovery by turning it off and then turning it back on by pressing and holding down on the volume up, home and power keys.
- Choose Install>Choose Zip from SDcard>Locate the Recovery.zip file>Yes.
- Proceed with installation. When installation is done, reboot the device.
- If you’ve installed CWM on your device, let’s go on and root it.
Root the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos:
- Download Supersu.zip here
- Place the downloaded file onto the phone’s external SDcard
- Boot the phone into CWM recovery.
- In CWM recovery, select Install Zip>Choose Zip from SDcard> Select SuperSu.zip>yes
- SuperSu should now flash. When it is completed reboot the device.
So have you installed a CWM on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos?
Share your experience with us in the comments box below.