Install CWM 6 Recovery On A Samsung Galaxy Core
The Samsung Galaxy Core runs Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and, if Core owners want to stretch their devices capacity, they’re going to need to install a custom recovery.
In this guide, we’re going to teach you how to install ClockworkMod 6 recovery on the Galaxy Core I8260 and I8262 (Dual SIM). Before we do so, let’s review a few of the reasons you might want to have custom recovery on your device.
With a custom recovery, you can do the following on your device:
- Install custom roms, mods, and others
- Make a Nandroid back up of your phone’s working state
- Custom recovery is needed to flash SuyperSu.zip which in turn is often needed if you’re going to root your phone.
- You can wipe cache and dalvik cache on a phone with custom recovery.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide is only for use with a Galaxy Core I8260 and I8262
- Check your device model number : Settings > More>About device
- Note: This recovery will also work well for the Galaxy Note 3 on all Android versions
- Charge phone to at least over 60%
- Back up important media, sms messages, contacts and call logs.
- Have an OEM data cable to connect your PC and your phone.
- Turn off anti-virus programs and firewalls.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Samsung USB drivers
- Odin3 v3.09
- CWM 6 Recovery.tar.md5 file here
Install CWM 6 on Galaxy Core I8260/I8262:
- Download CWM 6 file for your variant.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put phone in download mode by first turning it off completely, then turn it back on by pressing and holding down the volume, home and power buttons. When you see a warning press Volume Up to continue.
- Connect phone to PC.
- You should see the ID:COM box in Odin turn blue this means the phone is connected properly and in download mode.
- Click PDA tab in Odin. Select downloaded Recovery.tar file and load it. Your Odin should look like the picture below.
- Hit start. In a few seconds, the recovery should flash and the device will reboot.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. This will allow you to access the CWM 6 Recovery that you installed.
- You can now backup your current ROM and do other things using CWM 6 Recovery.
Do you use CWM 6 on your Galaxy Core?
Share your experience in the comment section box below.