Fix iTunes Error 3149
Apple has a lot of errors even if they’re so full of security measures, even if you are using their own PC manager, such as iTunes, you might still encounter errors while installing or upgrading iOS firmware.
One such error is iTunes Error 3149. There isn’t a proper fix for this error but there are several different fixes that you can try and maybe one of these will work for you.
How-To Fix iTunes Error 3149
- Usually you get this error because of the Hosts file. If you are lucky and this is the case, little editing can solve the problem.
- Go to C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/ and find the file name hosts. In a Mac it is located in etc, just search for it
- Open the file in Notepad, make sure to apply administrative rights.
- Add the following to the end: # 184.108.40.206 gs.apple.com
- Save the File and now try to upgrade iOS via iTunes.
- In most cases this will solve the problem
How-To Fix iTunes Error 3149 For a Jailbroken Device
- First, download the iOS file that you need to upgrade or downgrade.
- Now, download TinyUmbrella.
- When you have both those files downloaded, connect you iPhone to the PC. Make sure to close iTunes if it pop-ups.
- Open TinyUmbrella. When it is open, click Start TSS Server.
- Put the iPhone into DFU mode.
- Upgrade or Downgrade the firmware as usual and hopefully the error won’t occur while the firmware is restoring or updating.
Have you tried these methods to fix Error 3149 or do you know another way?
Share your experience with us in the comments box below.