Install Stock Firmware On A LG Device Android 6.0 Marshmallow
The great thing about Android device is how easy it is to customize them. By rooting, installing a custom recovery, using custom ROMs, kernels, Mods and other things, you can take your device way beyond manufacturer limitations.
As cool as tweaking your device’s settings maybe, there are some risks involved. One such risk is bricking your device. If you’ve bricked your device and have a nandroid back-up, it’s easy to recover, if you do not, however, one of the best ways to fix a bricked device is to go back to stock firmware.
LG devices have Flash Tool, a PC software that can install stock firmware and recover your device. Flash Tool will flash stock firmware in KDZ format on an LG device. Flash Tool is also used to install latest updates for the OS.
Flash Tool easily restores your device to stock firmware but it will erase everything in your device while loading a fresh copy of Android. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to use it.
Prepare your device:
- Check the device model number and then download the KDZ firmware that is appropriate for your particular LG device. If you use the wrong firmware you can hard brick your device.
- Download and install LG Flash Tool 2014 onto your PC.
- Check that you have latest LG drivers installed in the PC. If you don’t install them.
- Disconnect from the internet and turn off antivirus programs till the flashing process is through.
Install Stock firmware on LG devices
- Place the KDZ file you downloaded into a directory in your PC that is easily accessible
- Put device into download mode. First, turn it off then connect it to your PC while you are holding down both volume keys. On your device’s screen you should see the Download Mode icon and a device driver might also get installed.
- If the method above doesn’t bring you to downloadmode, try just pressing the Volume Up instead of both Volume buttons.
- Copy KDZ file into the same folder the Flash Tool files are. Launch LGFlashtool2014.exe file.
- In LG Flash Tool, set Select Type asCDMA, and then load KDZ file by clicking on folder icon beside Select KDZ file
- Choosethe CSE Flash All your app data and the internal storage of your file will be formatted.
- You should see another window appear with a few auto-populated data. Click Start to begin flashing.
- In the next pop-up, select the region and the language and choose clear phone Software update Registry.
- Click Ok and flashing will begin. You will be able to see the progress of the firmware flashing in the window of Flash Tool. This could take a while so just relax and wait.
- When firmware flashing is through, your device should reboot automatically. Again, this first boot could take a while so just relax and wait.
Have you flashed stock firmware on your LG device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.