Root Verizon LG G Vista VS880
The impressive development of technology has one major bane, which is that newly released devices can easily become obsolete when its specifications become overpowered by another device. LG G Vista is one such CDMA device which was only provided by Verizon and has been largely ignored by the consumers when it was launched in 2014. There are, however, still some people who take notice of these devices in order to “play” with it.
Here are some of the basic information that you need to know about the barely-noticed LG G Vista:
- It has a 5.7” display
- It has 1.5 GB RAM
- It runs on Quad Core 1.2 GHz processor with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- The internal memory is rather small at 8 GB
- The device has an 8 mp rear camera and a 1.3 mp front camera.
This article will provide a step by step guide on how to root the LG G Vista. This is useful because it provides the user with absolute control over the device – for instance, when your device is rooted, you can delete stock apps that you don’t use to save memory space.
Before beginning the installation process, here are some notes that you have to consider:
- This step by step guide will only work for LG G Vista. If you are not sure about your device model, you may check it by going to your Settings menu and clicking ‘About Device’. Using this guide for another device model may cause bricking, so if you are not an LG G Vista user, do not proceed.
- Your remaining battery percentage should not be less than 60 percent. This will prevent you from having power issues while the installation is ongoing, and therefore will prevent soft bricking of your device.
- Backup all of your data and files to avoid losing them, including your contacts, messages, call logs, and media files. This will ensure that you will always have a copy of your data and files. If your device is already rooted, you may use Titanium Backup. If you already have an installed TWRP or CWM custom recovery, you may use Nandroid Backup.
- Also backup your mobile’s EFS
- Your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 should be rooted
- You need to flash TWRP or CWM custom recovery
- Download zip
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Instructions to provide root access for LG G Vista:
- Format your device’s external SD card to EXT2 or EXT4 partition
- Connect your LG G Vista to your computer or laptop
- Copy the zip file ‘update’ to the root of your device’s SD card
- In the Fastboot folder, open Command
- Type: adb reboot recovery
- In Recovery, select ‘Apply Update from External SD card’
- Confirm your selection
- Wait for your device to reboot, then verify if your phone already has root access by using the Super SU app or other root checker apps.
Did you encounter any problems during the installation?
Ask your questions by typing it in the comments section below!
Also, share your rooting experience by commenting.