The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
Samsung has released a waterproof and dust resistant variant of their Galaxy S4 known as the Galaxy S4 Active. If you have a Galaxy S4 active and are looking for a way to root it, we have a quick and easy method you can try.
We suggest that you use the application called Towelroot. Towelroot roots Android devices with just one tap, all you have to do is download and install it. Towelroot works well with the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active I9295 and the AT&T Galaxy S4 Active I537.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide only works with the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active I9295 and the AT&T Galaxy S4 Active I537.
- Charge your phone so it has at least over 60 percent of its battery life. This is to prevent you from losing power before the rooting process ends.
- Make sure to enable USB debugging mode on your device. There are two ways you can do so. First, go to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging mode>enable. If, however, you don’t see Developer Options, go to Settings>About Device, you should see Build Number. Tap Build number seven times, then go back to settings. Developer options should now be enabled and you can proceed with enabling USB debugging.
- Have a OEM data cable that you can use to establish a connection between your phone and a PC.
- Make sure you allow “Unknown Sources” on your phone. Go to Settings>Security and tick Unknown Sources.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Root Galaxy S4 Active in One-Tap:
- Download: Towelroot apk.
- Connect Galaxy S4 Active to PC now.
- Copy downloaded APK file to your phone.
- Disconnect your phone and locate the APK file.
- Tap APK file and installation will begin.
- If prompted, select “Package Installer”.
- Proceed with the installation.
- When installation is completed, go to your app drawer. You should find the Towelroot app there.
- Open the Towelroot app.
- Tap the “make it ra1n” button.
- Download zip file.
- Unzip file, and grap Superuser.apk. You should find it in the common folder of the unzipped folder.
- Copy the apk to your phone, and install it using steps 2 – 8.
- When installation is completed, update Superuser or SuperSu by using the Google Play Store.
install busybox now?
- On your phone, go to the Google Play Store.
- Search for “Busybox Installter”.
- Run Busybox installer and proceed with installation.
How to check if the device is properly rooted or not?
- Return to the Google Play Store on your phone.
- Find and install “Root Checker”.
- Open Root Checker.
- Tap “Verify Root”.
- You will be asked for SuperSu rights, tap “Grant”.
- You will see Root Access Verified Now!
Have you used Towelroot to root your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active?
Share your experience in the comments box below.