How to Roboto Font For Android Phones
Samsung Electronics has again manufactur a new phone called Galaxy Nexus. With the release of this new Samsung phone also comes with the announcement from Google that a new update version of Android, the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, which will also available in the new Samsung phone including roboto font.
Android 4.0 will also introduce a new font package: “Roboto font”. The announcement was supposed to take place during the launching of the Google Nexus phone. The Roboto font was derived from the Sans Serif font but with better roundness and adequate spacing between characters. Of course, it looks pleasing to the eye and seems relaxing to read.
This is the font in Italic, Bold, and other font changes
The Roboto font is first used in the new OS. However, the majority of Android users do not have access to this font except those who have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Then Android will have to wait for the Android 4.0 update. But don’t worry, with this article’s help, you can have access to this new font.
Just follow the instructions to start enjoying the Roboto font.
- Download the Font Changer from the Android Market and install. In addition the app comes free. Moreover it is useful for changing of fonts used on your phone.
- Download the Roboto font zip package.
- Unzip the package onto your computer. You must fulfill a recommended password, just use: Androidadvices.com.(Picture4)
- Still on your computer, go to the System > Fonts and copy the three .ttf files which you unzipped. Then paste them to the folder “.fontchanger” in your phone’s SD card.
- Open the app using your device and choose the font
- Reboot the device and you’re good to go.
What do you think about this new font on your Smart Phone? Share your experience. Leave a comment below.