Get Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean On HTC
Team Venom has now released an update for their Viper Series Custom ROM. This new version, numbered 3.1.4, is based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. In this post, were going to show you how to install Android 4.1.1 Viper S 3.1.4 Jelly bean on an HTC Sensation or Sensation XE.
Prepare your device
- Charge the device’s battery to around 60 percent.
- Back up important contacts, SMS messages and call logs.
- Have root access on your device.
- Have the latest TWRP or CWM Recovery installed on your device.
- Enable your device’s USB debugging mode.
- Unlock the device’s bootloader.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- ViperS 3.1.4 from one of these links:
- Full ROM from Mirror 1 – dev-host
- OTA File from Mirror 1 – Update from 3.1.2/3 to 3.1.4 – dev-host
Install Android 4.1.1 Viper S 3.1.4 Jelly Bean On HTC Sensation/ Sensation XE
- Place the downloaded ROM file to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Disconnect the device from your PC and turn it off.
CWM Recovery Users (with the Full ROM File)
- Turn the device off then open it on bootloader/fastboot mode. To do so, press and hold volume down and power till text appears on screen.
- Go to the Recovery mode.
- Choose option Wipe Cache
- Go to Advance and for there, choose Devlik Wipe Cache
- Choose to Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Go to Install Zip from SD Card. Another window should now open in front of you.
- Select the option Choose Zip from SD Card
- Choose the ViperSC2_3.1.4.zip file. Confirm you want to install it in the next screen.
- Go to the installation menu and choose to wipe data. Another screen will appear. From there, choose both installation processes.
- Wait for installation to finish.
- Choose ‘++++++++Go Back‘ and then return to the previous screen.
- Select option reboot system now. Your device will reboot.
CWM Recovery Users (with OTA file)
- In recovery, go to Install zip from SD card option. Another window should open.
- In the options, select Choose Zip from SD card
- Choose the file OTA_3.1.2-3.1.4.zip. Start installation.
- When the installation menu opens, do not select the option Wipe Data, instated select Install Without Wiping.
TWRP Users (with Full ROM file)
- Tap the wipe button. Select System, Data, and Cache.
- Swipe confirmation slider
- Return to the main menue. Tap the install button.
- Find the ViperSC2_3.1.4.zip file. Swipe slider to intall.
- From the installation menu, choose to Wipe Data. In the next screen, choose both installation processes.
- Tap reboot and your system will reboot.
TWRP Users (with OTA file)
- In the main menu of recovery, tap the install button.
- Find the ViperSC2_3.1.4.zip file. Swipe slider to install.
- Tap reboot to reboot your system.
- In the installation menu, choose Install Without Wiping.
Troubleshooting: Bootloop Error
If after you have installed the files and rebooted your device and you find you cant pass the HTC logo screen after a minute, take the following steps:
- Check that Fastboot/ADB is configured on your PC.
- Extract the downloaded .zip file and look for the file bot.img. You will find it in either the Kernal or Main Folder
- Copy and paste this boot.img file to Fastboot folder
- Turn the device off and then open it in bootloader/fastboot mode.
- Open a command prompt in Fastboot folder by holding the shift key and right clicking on any empty area.
- Type the following command and press enter: fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Type the following command: fastboot reboot
Your device should now reboot and you can bypass the HTC Logo.
Have you installed Viper S 3.1.4 on your device?
Share you experience in the comments box below.