Download And Install Odin On a MAC OSX
If you have a Samsung Galaxy device and are an Android power user, you are probably familiar with Odin 3, Samsung’s tool to flash firmwares, bootloaders, recoveries and modem files. Odin3 is a tool that allows Samsung Galaxy users to tweak their Android devices and unleash their true power.
Odin 3 is also a handy tool if you’ve bricked your device. If you flash stock firmware with Odin 3, you can restore your device. Many custom recoveries also need to be flashed using Odin 3. CF-Autoroot, which is a rooting script that can enable root access in over 100 devices, also needs to be flashed with Odin 3.
While Odin 3 is a great tool to have, it does have one big disadvantage – it is only available for Windows PC’s. So, if you have a Mac or Linux computer, you won’t be able to use Odin 3.
Luckily, XDA developer Adam Outler ported Odin 3 to MAC. He calls this JOdin3. Using JOdin3, you can flash files in tar.md5 and also in other formats by using PDA, Phone, Bootloader, and CSC Tab. Follow along with our guide below to download and install JOdin3 and get it running on a MAC OSX.
NOTE: At the time of this post, JOdin3 could be used to flash Root, Recovery, Modem, and Bootloader files. It didn’t support flashing large files such as Firmware files.
- Download and install the latest versions of the following files on your Mac computer:
- Disable Samsung Kies first if it is installed on your Mac.
- Disconnect any unnecessary USB devices.
- Have an original data cable on hand to make a connection between your device and a Mac.
- Download the file that you wish to flash on your device.
- There are two ways you can use JOdin3, either use online JOdin3or you can download offline JOdin3
- Click your desired tab.
- Select your desired .tar.md5 file.
- Put your device into download mode by turning it off completely and then turning it back on by pressing and holding down the volume down, home and power buttons. When in download mode, connect your device to your Mac.
- Make sure that all the options in JOdin3 are unticked except for Auto-Reboot.
- Click Start.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to flash the file.
Are you using JOdin3?
Share your experience in the comments box below.