An Issue With Your Wi-Fi Signal Dropping With A Sony Xperia Z
The Sony Xperia Z is a great device but every device has its problems and sometimes these problems can’t be solved by updating your software or unlocking your bootloader and rooting your device.
One problem that the Sony Xperia Z faces is that of Wi-Fi signal drop. In this guide, we’re going to show you how you can try and fix this issue.
How To Solve This Problem:
A lot of the times we turn on both our Bluetooth and our Wi-Fi. This is what can cause this problem. The first thing you should do then is try turning off your Bluetooth first. .
Sometimes, this problem is also faced when you’ve turned on the Stamina Mode in your phone. Try turning it off and see if it solves your problem.
If neither turning off your Bluetooth or turning off Stamina Mode works, try the following:
- Restart your phone and the router.
- Double check the password of your Wi-Fi connection.
- Have the latest Firmware installed in your device.
- Change your router channel and check if DCHP is on or not.
- Go to modem back office and type the following URL depending on which WiFi router you have:
- Linksys – https://192.168.1.1
- 3Com – https://192.168.1.1
- D-Link – https://192.168.0.1
- Belkin – https://192.168.2.1
- Netgear – https://192.168.0.1
- Turn off your routers Mac Filter and add your Phone’s Mac Address Manually.
- When Sony PC Software is installed, try opening it and going to Support Zone > Start > Phone Software Update > Start’
Have you fixed the low WiFi issue in your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.