Android 5.1.1 Lollipop 10.7.A.0.222 Firmware Sony’s Xperia Z
Sony has released an update to 5.1.1 Lollipop for their Xperia Z series of smartphones. The update has already begun rolling out for the Xperia Z, Xperia ZR, Xperia ZL and the Xperia Tablet Z. The new update has build number 10.7.A.0.222.
The update has hit several regions already, notably the US and India, through OTA and Sony PC companion. As is typical for Sony updates, it could take a while before the update is available in all regions. If you have a Sony Xperia Z device and the update has not reached your region yet, you can update your device manually with Sony Flashtool.
In this post, we are going to focus on the Xperia Z C6602 and C6603. We are going to show you how you can update this particular device to Android 5.1.1 10.7.A.0.222 firmware with Sony Flashtool. Follow along.
Prepare your phone
- This guide is only for use with a Sony Xperia Z C6602 and C6603. Using it with another device could result in bricking the device. Check your model number by going to Settings>About Device.
- Charge your battery to at least over 60 percent to prevent it from running out of power before flashing is finished.
- Back up your important contacts, SMS messages and call logs. Back up any important media files by copying them to a PC or Laptop.
- Enable your device’s USB debugging mode by going to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If you do not find developer options in your settings, you will need to activate it. To activate developer options go to Settings>About Device. Look for the build number and tap this 7 times. Go back to settings and you should now find developer options.
- Have Sony Flashtool installed and setup on your device. After installing Sony Flashtool, open Flashtool folder. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe and from there, install Flashtool, Fastboot and Xperia Z drivers.
- Have an OEM data cable to connect your device to a PC.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
The latest firmware Android 5.1.1 Lollipop 10.7.A.0.222 FTF file for your device model.
- For Xperia Z C6602
- For Xperia Z C6603 [Generic/Unbranded] Link 1 |
- Copy and paste the downloaded firmware file to Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe
- Look for the small lightening button on Flashtool’s top left corner. Hit the button and then select Flashmode.
- Select the FTF file that you placed in the Firmware folder.
- On the right side, choose what you want wiped. We recommend that you wipe data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK and the firmware will begin preparing for flashing.
- When the firmware finishes loading, you will be prompted to attach your phone to a PC. Turn your phone off and press the volume down key, keeping the volume down key pressed, plug in the data cable.
- Don’t let go of the volume down key. If you have connected your device properly, your phone should automatically be detected in Flashmode and firmware will begin flashing.
- When you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing”, let go of the volume down key, unplug your device and it will reboot.
Have you installed Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on your Sony Xperia Z?
Share your experience in the comments box below.