Use Your Android Device To Control A PlayStation 3
Because of the open nature of the Android platform, Android device users chan achieve many things that users of devices with closed platforms cannot. One of these is to use their smart device to control a PlayStation 3.
In this post, we are going to share with you a method that you can use to enable you to control a PlayStation 3 using your Android device. For this method, were going to need a rooted Android Smartphone or Tablet so if you have not gained root access on your device yet – root it.
How to control A PlayStation 3 from an Android device:
- The first thing that you will need to do is to enable Bluetooth on your Android device. You can do so by going to Settings> wireless controls> Bluetooth.
- Now turn on your PlayStation 3 console and head to it’s Settings>Manage Bluetooth devices>register a new device. Go back to your smart device.
- Make sure the Bluetooth of your smart device is visible. Go to Settings>wireless controls> Bluetooth> Tap on check located below My Device. Go back to the console screen.
- Click Register new device. You will be taken to a new Windows where you have to beginning scanning.
- When scanning is complete, select your smartphone. You should then be provided with a six digit password that you will need to enter on your smartphone. Take not of it.
- Enter the six digits of the password into your smart device. After entering the pass word, you should be be paired with the PlayStation 3console.
- You now need to go back to your smart device and open Google Play. In google play, search for and install BlueputDroid on your smart device.
- When BlueputDroid has been successfully installed on your Android device, you should run the app. The app will then show you a list of devices to which your device can be connected. The PlayStation 3 should be on that list.
- Select the Play Station 3 from the list of Bluetooth devices that your Android device can be connected to.
Have you begun controlling your PlayStation 3 using your Android device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.