The HTC One M9 Android Revolution HD Custom ROM
HTC’s One M9 is their latest flagship. Released just last month, it runs Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box.Android Revolution HD is a custom ROM that can be used with the HTC One M9. It is stock-based with a lot of customizations and tweaks.
In this post, were going to show you how to install it.
Prepare your phone:
- Make sure you have a HTC One M9.
- Make sure it is rooted.
- Charge the battery to at least over 60 percent.
- Unlock the bootloader.
- Have a custom recovery installed.
- Back up sms messages, contacts, call logs and media files.
- Use root to make a Titanium Backup.
- Use custom recovery to make a Backup Nandroid.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Configure Fastboot/ADB on your PC.
- Extract Android Revolution zip and look in the Kernal and Main folder for a file called boot.img.
- Copy and paste the boot.img file to your Fastboot Folder.
- Turn the phone off and then turn it back on in Bootloader/Fastboot mode. To do so, press and hold the volume down and power buttons till text appears on screen.
- Open a command prompt by holding down the shift key and right clicking anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- In the command window, type the following: fastboot flash boot boot.img.
- Press enter.
- Type the following into the command window: fastboot reboot.
- Press enter.
- The phone will reboot. Take the battery out then wait for 10 seconds.
Install Android Revolution HD:
- Connect device to PC.
- Copy and paste downloaded zip files to root of your sdcard.
- Open Recoverymode by opening a command prompt again in the fastboot folder.
- Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose Recoveryfrom Bootloader
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users:
- Go to Recovery.
From the main menu, choose Advance. Chose Dalvik Wipe Cache.
Go to Install zip from SD card, you should see another window open.
Choose wipe data/factory reset.
Pick the option choose zip from SD card.
Choose the Android Revolution HD.zip. Confirm you want to install it.
Do the same thing with the Gapps.zip.
When installation is over, choose +++++Go Back+++++
Choose to reboot now.
- Tap Back-Up and Select System and Data
Swipe Confirmation Slider
Tap Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
Swipe Confirmation Slider.
Return to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
Locate Android Revolution HD.zip and GoogleApps.zip. Swipe Slider to install them.
When installation is finished, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
Select Reboot Now
The first reboots could take around 5 minutes, so just wait.
Have you installed this ROM?
Share your experience in the comments box below.