Update Android One Devices To Android 5.1 Lollipop
Google has teamed up with some Indian smartphone manufacturers to release three smartphones specially aimed for the low-end market in India and elsewhere. These Android One phones may be cheap but their specs are high end.
Android 5.1 Lollipop has already been released for these Android One devices. Android One users can get Lollipop via an OTA update. However, not all regions already have this update.
If you have an Android One and the update is not yet in your region, you can wait or you can install a custom ROM. CyanogenMod 12.1 is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop AOSP and can work with Android One devices.
Prepare your phone:
- You need to have root access on your Android One device.
- You need to have an unlocked bootloader.
- You need a custom recovery installed.
- Back up everything on your device.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible
- CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM ZIP file . Click Here To download.
- Latest GApps package. Click here to download.
- Transfer the files that you downloaded from your PC to your device.
- Switch your Android One device off.
- Open your Android One device in recovery mode.
- From recovery mode, reset all data and clear the cache.
- Select install. Install the ROM file.
- Select Install. Install the GApps package.
- Reboot your device. You should now be running on the latest version of CyanogenMod 12.1
Have you installed this ROM on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.