Update To Android 5.1 Lollipop OTA A HTC One M8 GPe
In this post, we’re going to show you how you can update a HTC One M8 GPe to the most recent version of Android, Android 5.1 Lollipop.
This update is available through Google Play. It is around 244.2 MB and can be installed on a pure stock device by using ADB Sideload. You will need to have a custom recovery installed. We recommend TWRP.
Prepare your phone:
- This update is only for the HTC One M8. Don’t try it with other devices.
- Charge device so the battery is at over 60 percent.
- Back up your SMS messages, call logs and contacts.
- Backup media by copying the files to a PC or laptop.
- If you are rooted use Titanium Backup.
- If you have a custom recovery, make a Backup Nandroid.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Android 5.0.1 Lollipop OTA Update : Link
- The first thing you will need to do is to copy the zip file you downloaded to your ADB folder.
- Now, you need to configure Fastboot/ADB
- Boot your device into recovery mode.
- Go to Sideload mode: Recovery > Advance> Sideload.
- Wipe the cache and then start Sideload.
- Connect the device to the PC.
- Open a command prompt in the ADB folder by holding down the shift button and right-clicking on any empty space.
- Type the following into the command prompt: adb sideload update.zip.
- After the process is finished, type the following in the command prompt: adb reboot.
- Your device will reboot and you will find it now runs Android 5.0.1 Lollipop.
Have you installed Lollipop on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.