Installing TWRP Recovery LG G2
LG used to be the most popular smartphone in the market. It was the first smartphone to apply the Dual Core technology. But at the course of time, Samsung took over and is now the most popular smartphone using Dual Core technology. This will show you how to install TWRP Recovery LG G2.
This tutorial is about the techniques and processes of rooting and installing TWRP Recovery LG G2. Time and again, it is important to always make a backup of all your messages, contacts and call logs should something go wrong.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, ROMs and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Loki-master – can be downloaded online Link
- Ioroot.zip – can also be downloaded online or Mirror Link – Mirror
- LG USB Drivers – also downloaded online
Specifically, download these .img files
- Sprint LG G2 TWRP
- Verizon LG G2 TWRP
- AT&T LG G2 TWRP
- T-Mobile USA LG G2 TWRP
- Rogers Canada LG G2 TWRP
- Korean F320K LG G2 TWRP
- Bell Canada LG G2 TWRP
Things to remember:
Your device’s battery level should be at least 85%. Use this tutorial only on TWRP Recovery LG Optimus G2.
Rooting LG Optimus G2:
- Download the root file. Extract the file into the computer.
- Install the compatible LG USB drivers.
- Go to the settings of the device, “Developer Options” and enable USB debugging.
- Go back to the settings and choose the right way to connect to the computer in the PC Settings.
- Connect the device to the computer.
- Go back to the root file you downloaded and run the root.bat file.
- Run the rooting script by pressing any key. This will also push the Super SU into the device.
Installing TWRP on LG Optimus G2:
- Install the correct USB drivers for LG.
- Go to the PC settings and enable USB debugging.
- Configure ADB and Fastboot on PC.
- Get Loki-master online. Extract the file on the computer.
- Copy the TWRP.img file and paste on to the ADB folder.(openrecovery-twrp-126.96.36.199-g2xxx.img)
- Connect the device using USB cable to the computer.
- Open cmd window in the ADB folder. Hold down the Shift key and Right click in the folder. Key in the commands below by replacing the name of the recovery image written in red with those which were downloaded.
- TWRP will immediately be installed to your device. Should you not find the # prompt, simply key in us to gain root access.
- Reboot into TWRP recovery by typing the commands below. You can change the image name.
- You will exactly see the results when you have done everything as instructed.
Reboot your phone to go back from recovery.
Leave a comment should you encounter problems.