Android 4.4 KitKat on All Galaxy Note 2 Versions
The update for Android 4.3 took some time after experiencing some problems with Galaxy S3. This also delayed the launching of Android 4.4 KitKat. However, if you want to get your hands on the said update, here is a quick guide on how to.
This is a guide to installing Android 4.4 KitKat on any Galaxy Note 2 version. But there are things you need to ensure first. First is to have the battery level at about 60% or more. Create a backup of all your data including call logs, contacts and messages. This comes in handy should any mishap occurs.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Things to remember:
- Root your device and install the latest CWM or TWRP Recovery.
- Battery level should be at 85% or more.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- This guide is only used for Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE GT-N7105
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
- Canadian SGH-I317M/SGH-T889V (Bell, Telus, Rogers, Virgin)
- AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317
- Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605
- T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889
Downloading Android 4.4 KitKat ROM
- Galaxy Note 2 International GT-N7100:
- Verizon Note 2 (CM 11): Cm_SCH-I605-Ota-Sbrissen_11-11.Zip
- ParanoidAndroid: Pa_n7100-4.0-20131111.Zip [Latest Here]
- T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2: Omni-4.4-20131111-T0ltetmo-HOMEMADE.Zip here
- Omni ROM: Omni-4.4-20131112-N7100-HOMEMADE.Zip here
- Canadian Note 2 (with model number SGH-T889V): Omni-4.4-20131111-T0ltetmo-HOMEMADE.Zip here
- Galaxy Note 2 4G LTE : Omni-4.4-20131113-T0lte-HOMEMADE.Zip here
- Canadian Note 2 (with model number SGH-I317M): Omni-4.4-20131111-T0lteatt-HOMEMADE.Zip here
- AT&T Galaxy Note 2 : Omni-4.4-20131111-T0lteatt-HOMEMADE.Zip here
Get Google Gapps
- Download Android 4.4 .zip file but do not extract it yet.
- Connect Galaxy device to computer.
- Copy the downloaded file and paste to your sd card.
- Detach the cable.
- Switch off the tablet.
- Hold down Volume Up, Home and Power keys to go to Recovery mode.
- Select Wipe Cache
- Go to “advance” and select “devlik wipe cache”. This will prevent you to enter into bootloop.
- Choose “Factory Reset/Wipe Data”.
- Go to “Install zip from sd card” and choose zip from sd card.
- Choose the Android 4.4 .zip file. The next screen will ask for a confirmation to install.
- Once the process is finished, go back and select reboot system.
You have now upgraded your Galaxy Note 2.
Have a question or want to share your experience, then do not hesitate to leave a comment below.