Fusion Boeffla KitKat ROM Custom ROM
The Galaxy S3 is currently running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and there has not been any official update from Samsung on any future Android updates to this device. If you want to get KitKat on a Galaxy S3, it looks like you need to find a custom ROM.
The Fusion Boeffla KitKat is a great custom ROM based on CyanogenMod. Their current version, 4.4.2_2.0.6 can install unofficial Android 4.4.2 KitKat on a Samsung Galaxy S3. Follow along with our guide below.
Prepare your phone:
- This ROM is only for use with the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Make sure you have the correct device by going to Settings>About Device>Model.
- Have a custom recovery flashed and installed. We recommend TWRP custom recovery.
- When the custom recovery is installed, back up your system by using Nandroid Backup
- Charge the battery to at least over 60 percent
- Back up all your important contacts, SMS messages, and call logs.
- If you have rooted your device, make a back up of your important apps and system date using Titanium Backup.
- Have an EFS backup of your device made.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install Fusion Boeffla KitKat Custom ROM on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300:
- Download Fusion Boeffla Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Download Google Gapps for Android 4.4.2 KitKat .zip
- Connect phone to your PC.
- Copy both.zip files to phone storage.
- Disconnect phone and then turn it off.
- Go to TWRP recovery by pressing and holding down the volume up, home and power keys at the same time.
- When in TWRP recovery chose wipe option. Choose to wipe cache, factory data reset, dalvik cache.
- After performing the wipe, select “Install” option.
- Follow the following path: “Install > Choose Zip from SD card / locate the zip file > Select Fusion Boeffla KitKat.zip file > Yes”.
- The ROM will flash
- Go back to TWRP. From there, follow the following path: “Install > Choose zip from SD card / locate the file >Gapps.zip file > Yes”.
- Gapps will flash
- Reboot device.
The first boot could take up to 10 minutes. If it takes longer than that, you might want to boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache. Reboot your device again.
Have you used Fusion Boeffla KitKat ROM on your Galaxy S3?
Share your experience in the comments box below.