Galaxy S3 Mini Custom ROM
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is still using the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, which was its original operating system since it was first released. It is expected to receive updates as soon as one has been launched, but for now, the only option that users have to install a complete custom ROM or a stock based custom ROM in order to further boost the performance of the device.
One such stock based custom ROM is called VIRGINITY. This custom ROM is developed by joelalmeidaptg presently available in V9. It is based on the stock firmware i8190XXANA2 and consists of an extraordinary battery life, a responsive interface, smooth performance, and great apps that are available at the Galaxy S4. Some of the features of VIRGINITY V9 include the following:
- As mentioned earlier, it is based on the stock firmware i8190XXANA2
- Available apps include: several calculators (including the stock caluclator, light and dark S4 calculator), the S4 music player, a video player, an FM radio, S4/S3 widgets, AccuWeather, S4 S Health, S4 TripAdvisor, S4 S Voice, S4 Yahoo Finance, S4 Yahoo News, S4 My Files, S4 Memo, several Samsung fonts (including Helvetica S, Choco cooky, Cool jazz, Rosemary, and S4 Samsung Sans), S Planner, Voice Recorder, a SIM card menu, the Galaxy lockscreen, stock e-mail and Exchange Adaway, boot animations (Stock Samsung and Google Nexus 5), Adaway, Mods (Fly On Mod, Crossbreader, and AC!D Engine)
- Has various keyboards available, including the stock keyboard, the Galaxy S4 keyboard, and the Xperia Honami Keyboard
- It is pre-rooted on the SuperSU of Chainfire
- It has a pre-installed busybox
- Significantly improved battery life
- VIRGINITY V is fully deodexed
- Smooth performance
- It is free of any Samsung bloatware, which would be a joy for all users.
- Capable of GPS fast lock
- Has the most recent Google bootanimation
- Users can install apps from Google Play
- All apps are running on the most updated version so that users no longer have to worry about it
- The custom ROM is zipaligned
- Installing VIRGINITY V9 is fully customizable, and it is also supported by AROMA installer.
- It has init.d support
- Does not allow scroll cache
- Has support for back light notifications
- It has MOD: advanced reboot menu and it also lets users utilize the volume keys to skip tracks whenever the screen is dead
- Provides custom wallpapers
- Contains the Galaxy S4 lock screen and sounds from Koulis 2000
- It has a lot of apps available on Galaxy S4, and it also uses icons found in Galaxy S4 for the apps
It is overall a custom ROM, but it is still much preferable if you have a familiarity with custom ROMs and have even the slightest idea of how the process is going to be. Here is a checklist of the necessary things to remember before proceeding with the installation of VIRGINITY V9:
- The VIRGINITY V9 custom ROM can be used for the Galaxy S3 Mini 18190 and the Galaxy S3 Mini i8190L. The ROM works only for these two variants. If you’re not sure what model your phone is, you may verify by going to your Settings menu, clicking ‘About Device’ and choosing ‘Model’.
- The remaining battery percentage of your S3 Mini should be more than 60 percent. This will help prevent any disruptions while you are doing the installation process.
- Use only an OEM data cable to connect your device to your computer
- Make sure that you have installed a recovery (CWM or TWRP) aid
- Have a nandroid backup of your S3 Mini by utilizing the custom recovery. This will allow you to revert back to the odler system if you would choose to.
- Backup all data on your S3 Mini because the installation process might ask you to wipe your data. Backup all of your contacts, call logs, media, and SMS messages to prevent any unwanted loss of data. Also back up your apps. If you have a rooted device, Titanium Backup would come in handy to easily accomplish this.
- The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, ROMs and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Carefully read all the instructions in this guide, and follow everything
Check out some screenshots of this custom ROM:
The process of installing VIRGINITY V9 Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini:
- Download the zip file for VIRGINITY V9 Custom ROM here and save it on the SD card of your S3 Mini
- Open CWM Recovery by shutting down your phone, then turn it on again by simultaneously pressing the power, home, and volume up buttons.
- Wipe the factory data resetas soon as you have opened CWM Recovery.
- Click Install Zip, then choose Zip form SD/ Ext SD card, then choose VIRGINITY V9
- Click Yes to proceed with the installation. The AROMA Installer will now automatically launch.
- Continue the ROM installation
- Based on your preferences, select the things that you want.
- Wait for the installation to finish and restart your S3 Mini
Congratulations! You have now successfully installed VIRGINITY V9 on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. If there is anything else that you wish to know or clarify about the process, just ask away at the comments section below.