The XenonHD custom ROM is based on AOSP. It is now available in Android 5.1 Lollipop. This ROM can be used to update Oppo Find7a.
In this post we are going to show you how you can install XenonHD Unofficial AOISP Custom Rom on Oppo Find7a. Follow along.
Prepare your device:
- This guide and the ROM it uses are only for Oppo Find7a.
- Charge the battery to at least over 60 percent.
- Unlock device’s bootloader.
- Have a custom recovery installed. Use it to make a backup nanroid.
- We will be using Fastboot commands to install this ROM. Fastboot commands only work if your device is rooted. If your device isn’t rooted yet, root it.
- After rooting the device, use Titanium Backup
- Backup SMS messages, call logs, and contacts.
- Backup any important media content.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, Oppo Find7a roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
XenonHD Unofficial AOSP ROM: Link
- Connect your device and your PC.
- Copy and paste the downloaded files to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open device in recovery mode by following these steps:
- Open a command prompt in fastboot folder
- Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose the type of custom recovery you have and follow one of the guides below.
For CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery:
- Make a backup of your current ROM using recovery.
- Go to Back-up and Restore.
- On next screen, choose Back-up.
- Return to main screen.
- Go to advance and choose Dalvik wipe cache
- Go to Install zip from SD Card. Another window should open.
- Choose wipe data/factory reset.
- Choose zip from SD card.
- Select the XenonHD.zip file first.
- Confirm you want the file installed.
- Repeat these for the Gapps.zip.
- When installation is finished, choose +++++Go Back+++++
- Now, select Reboot now.
- Tap the Backup option.
- Select System and Data. Swipe confirmation slider.
- Tap the Wipe Button.
- Choose Cache, System, and Data. Swipe confirmation slider.
- Return to main menu.
- Tap the install button.
- Find the XneonHD.zip and the Gapps.zip.
- Swipe confirmation slider to install both these files.
- When the files are flashed, you will be prompted to reboot your system. Select Reboot Now to do so.
Have you installed this Oppo Find7a Rom on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.