The Galaxy Star Pro GT-S7262
The Galaxy Star Pro is a low-end Android device that was recently released by Samsung. While it’s a nice device, as most Samsung devices are, if you really want to get the most of it, you are going to need a custom recovery and root access.
Before we begin, you need to make sure of the following:
- Your device is a Samsung Galaxy Star Pro GT-S7262. If you use this guide and the custom recovery with any other device, you might brick it. Check your device model by going to Settings> About Device.
- Your device’s battery is charged to at least 60 percent.
- If you are using a laptop, make sure it’s battery is charged well. If you are using a PC, make sure you have a good power connection.
- If you have antivirus programs or Firewall on your PC or laptop, turn it off first.
- Have an original data cable on hand to establish the connection between the PC or laptop and the phone.
- Enable USB debugging mode on the phone. To do so, go to Settings>Developer mode> USB debugging.
- Have all your important media content, contacts, messages and call logs backed up.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Now, download and install the following:
- Samsung USB drivers
- Odin 3 v3.09
Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy Star Pro GT-S7262:
- Download a CWM Recovery 6.tar.zip file that is appropriate for your device.
- Put phone in download mode by turning it off completely and turning it back on by pressing and holding down the Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously. When you see the warning, press the Volume Up to continue.
- Open Odin3.exe
- Connect the device to a PC. You should see the ID:COM box in Odin turn blue. This means that the device is now properly connected in download mode.
- Click the PDA tab in Odin and select the downloaded recovery.tar.zip file.
- When the file is loaded, click start.
- The flashing process should start and end quickly. You should then see indicating “Reset or Pass” in Odin and the device will reboot.
- CWM 6 is now installed. Boot into CWM recovery by turning off the device completely. Turn it back on by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key. You should now see the CWM recovery interface.
- Do not forget to backup the current ROM by using the backup option in CWM recovery.
With the successful installation of CWM recovery, you can now flash zip files on your phone. You will also be able clear your phone’s dalvik cache and there are other things that CWM offers.
Have you installed CWM 6 on your Galaxy Star Pro Duos?
Share your experiences in the comments box below.