There is another variant of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.7.0 and that is the SM-T211. This variant is almost the same as the SM-T210 and T210R.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211
There is another variant of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.7.0 and that is the SM-T211. This variant is almost the same as the SM-T210 and T210R. The difference is that the SM-T211 has 3G connectivity, which means you can put a SIM in it.
If you have a Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211 and your looking to root and install a custom recovery on it, we have found a method by which you can do so.
In this guide, we’re going to walk you through how to install a ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery on the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211 and root it as well. Before we do so, let’s look at the reason why you might want to do so.
- Allows for the installation of custom roms and mods.
- Allows the creation of a Nandroid back up which allows you to return your device to its previous working state
- If you want to root a device, you need custom recovery to flash SupoerSu.zip.
- If you have a custom recovery you can wipe both the cache and dalvik cache.
- Gives complete access to data which would otherwise be locked by manufacturers.
- Removes the device’s factory restrictions
- Allows for changes to be made to the device’s internal system as well as the operating systems.
- Allows you to install performance enhancing applications, remove built-in applications and programs, upgrade the devices battery life, and install app which need root access.
- Allows you to modify the device using mods and custom roms
Prepare your tablet:
- This guide is only for Galaxy Tab 3.7.0 SM-T211. Don’t try it with other devices.
- Check device model number: Settings > General> About Device.
- Charge your device to at least over 60%
- Back up important media content, sms messages, and contacts as well as call logs.
- Have an OEM data cable to connect your PC and your tablet.
- Turn of any anti-virus programs and Firewalls till the procedure is finished.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Now, download and install the following files
- Odin PC
- Samsung USB drivers
- CWM 6 for Galaxy Tab SM-T211 here
Install CWM 6 on Samsung Galaxy Tab:
- Put the tablet in download mode by turning if off completely then turning it back on by pressing and holding down the Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key. When you see a warning press Volume Up to proceed.
- Connect the tablet to the PC.
- You should see the ID:COM box inOdin turn blue, that means the tablet is now connected properly in download mode.
- Click PDAtab in Odin. Select downloaded tar.zip file and let it load. Odin should look as shown below, with no extra options selected.
- Now hit start, it will take a few seconds but the recovery should flash now and the the device will reboot.
- Press and hold down the Volume Up + Home Button + Power Keyand you should access the CWM Recovery that was just installed.
How to Root:
- You must first have installed CWM Recovery using the above guide.
- Download android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zipfile here
- Copy it to the tablet’s internal storage.
- Boot the tablet into CWM Recovery now.
- Turn off device completely.
- Turn on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key.
- From CWM select: Install Zip>Chooe Zip from SD Card > Android-armeabi-universal-root.zip > Yes.
- Wait for flashing to complete.
- Reboot the Galaxy Tab.
- You should now be able to find SuperSu in App Drawer. This means you are now rooted.
Have you installed a custom recovery and rooted your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.7.0 SM-T211?
Share your experience in the comments box below.