Samsung Galaxy S II Sky Rocket
Samsung’s Galaxy S II Sky Rocket currently runs on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and there have been no official announcements of any further updates. Luckily, developers at XDA have developed a custom rom for the Galaxy S2 Sky Rocket.
In this guide, we’re going to show you how to install Android 4.4 KitKat based CyanogenMod 11 custom ROM for the Galaxy S2 Sky Rocket.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide and the ROM we’re going to be using is for the Samsung Galaxy S2 Sky Rocket. Don’t try it with other devices. Check your device model by going to Settings>About Device.
- Your phone is rooted and has CWM recovery installed.
- Back up your current ROM by using the backup option on your custom recovery.
- Have EFS back up made.
- If you have rooted your phone, backup all your apps and system data using Titanium Backup.
- Backup all important media content, call logs, contacts and text messages.
- Charge your phone to at least over 60 percent to ensure that you don’t run out of power before the flashing process ends.
Install Android 4.4 CM 11 Custom ROM on Galaxy S II Sky Rocket:
Before we begin with the installation proper, install a Compatible Radio:
- If you have a AT&T(Skyrocket) SGH-I727: UCMC1 here
- If you have a Rogers (Skyrocket) SGH-I727R: UXUMA7 here
- Place downloadedRadio file on device’s SDcard.
- Boot device intoCWM recovery.
- Select“Install>choose zip from sd/ext sd card>select the radio.zip file”.
- Now, flashthe file.
Flash the ROM:
- Download the following two files:
- Place downloadedzip and Gapps.zip files on phone’s SDcard.
- Boot device into custom recovery. Turn off the device completely and turn it back on by pressing and holding down the Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key.
- When inCWM recovery wipe data-cache-dalvik cache.
- Next, select “InstallZip>Choose Zip from Sd/Ext Sdcard>Selectthe ROM.zip file”.
- Select “Yes”and the installation will proceed.
- Still in CWM recoveryselect “Install Zip>Choose Zip from Sd/Ext Sdcard>Select the Gapps.zip file”. Gapps should now flash.
- When installation is complete, reboot the device.
Have you installed Android 4.4 KitKat CM 11.0 Alpha ROM on your Galaxy S II Sky Rocket?
Share your experience with us in the comments box below.