Android Revolution HD 52.0 Custom ROM
The international variant of Samsung’s Galaxy S3 will not be getting an official update to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. While this announcement may disappoint users of the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, they shouldn’t despair as there are some nice custom ROMs out there that can be used with the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
We’ve found a pretty good custom ROM, Android Revolution HD custom ROM that is based on stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. This is probably the best choice for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 users right now. The current version of Android Revolution HD for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 is v52.0 and we are going to show you how to install this on your device.
Prepare your phone:
- The ROM in this guide is only for use with the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, don’t use it with any other device. Check your device model by going to Settings>About Device><odel.
- Make sure your phone already has a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your phone’s battery has at least 60 percent of its charge.
- Back up important media content, contacts, messages and all logs.
- If your phone already has root access, use Titanium Backup on your apps and system data.
- If you already have custom recovery, back up your current system by creating a Nandroid backup.
- Have EFS back up of your phone.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install Android R3volution HD 52.0 on a Samsung Galaxy S3:
- Download a Android Revolution HD 52.0 ROM.zip file Android Revolution HD 52.0
- Connect the phone and your POC
- Copy the downloaded .zip file to your phones storage.
- Disconnect your phone and turn it off.
- Boot your phone into TWRP recovery by turning it on by pressing and holding the volume up, home and power buttons.
- When in TWRP recovery, wipe the cache, factory data reset and dalvik cache.
- When all three are wiped, select the Install option.
- Install>choose zip from SDcard>select Android Revolution HD.zip>Yes
- The ROM should now flash on your phone.
- Reboot your phone.
- You should now see Android Revolution HD ROM running on your phone.
The first boot could take up to 10 minutes. If it takes longer than that, boot into TWRP recovery and wipe the cache and dalvik cache before rebooting the phone again. If your still having issues, use the Nandroid back up to return to your old system and install stock firmware.
Have you used a custom ROM to update your international version of the Samsung Galaxy S3? Share your experience in the comments box below.