Use Omega v15 Custom ROM
In this post, we’re going to show you how you can get Android Jelly Bean on the Exynos Galaxy S4. The Omega ROOM is a great and stable ROM based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean that will work with the Exynos variant of Samsung’s Galaxy S4. This variant carries model number GT I9500. Here we will use the Omega v15 custom ROM to Install Android 4.3.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide is only for use with a Samsung Galax S4 GT-I9500. If you try to use this with other devices you could brick the device.
- You need to have root access on your phone and the latest TWRP or CWM custom recovery installed.
- Use your custom recovery to make a Nandroid Backup.
- Make an EFS backup for your device.
- Use root to create a Titanium Backup.
- Back up important media content as well as contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Charge your phone to at least 60 percent to prevent you from losing power before the process finishes.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, ROMs and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never held responsible.
- Place the ROM file you downloaded in the SD card of your phone.
- Boot your phone into custom recovery by following these steps:
- Turn the phone off.
- Turn the phone back on by pressing and holding the volume up, home and power buttons at the same time.
- In recovery: Install zip> choose zip from SD card>Select the ROM.zip file
- Click on yes to begin flashing the ROM.
Note: Of you have CWM recovery, disable recovery flash and fix the root if you are asked
- When the ROM is flashed, reboot your phone.
Note: There is no need to wipe data but, if you are facing issues, we recommend you wipe the data cache after installation.
- You should now see the new ROM’s logo on your boot. Wait a few more minutes for your device to install completely.
Have you used Omega v15 Custom on your Samsung Galaxy S4?
Share your experience in the comments box below.