We saw Android 5.1 Lollipop on the Nexus 4 some time ago, but this was not an official update but rather one extracted from another Nexus device. Now, there is an update Nexus 4 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
The Android Lollipop LMY47O official update has now been rolled-out for the Nexus 4 and in this post were going to provide you with a download link to the update. Were also going to show you how you can flash this OTA on your Nexus 4.
Note: You will need stock recovery and stock firmware running on the Nexus 4. So if you have installed a ROM or rooted your Nexus 4 or installed a custom recovery you will need to remove those before continuing with this update Nexus 4. Revert back to stock or official firmware.
Prepare your Phone:
- Make sure you have a Nexus 4.
- Charge your battery to at least over 60 percent.
- Backup your SMS messages, call logs, contacts, important media.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Android 5.1 LMY47O OTA update: Link
- Copy the file you downloaded to the ADB folder and rename it update.zip.
- Configure Fastboot/ADB on your device.
- Boot your device into recovery.
- Go to the Apply Update from ADB Option.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- In the ADB folder, open a command prompt.
- Select the Apply Update from ADB option by using the power button.
- Type the following in the command prompt: adb sideload update.zip.
- When the process ends, type the following in the command prompt: adb reboot.
Have you installed this on your update Nexus 4?
Share your experience in the comments box below.