The XOSP S+ Reborn Release 3 6.0.1 ROM On LG Nexus 4
The LG Nexus 5 is probably the only device released in 2012 that still has active ROM development. By active, we mean that the newest versions are made available for this device in many different ROMs. Most ROMs provide noting more than features or performance enhancements. If you want to get different looks and themes on the Nexus 4, a good ROM to use is XOSP S+ Reborn Release.
XOSP S+ Reborn Release is based on CM 13 with unnecessary apps removed and a lot of features of the Xperia series added. If you want to flash this ROM on the LG Nexus 4, follow our guide below.
Prepare your phone:
- The ROM is intended for use with the LG Nexus 4. Flashing this ROM on other devices could result in a bricked device. Check the device’s model number by going to Settings> About Device.
- Charge your phone’s battery to up to 50 percent
- Have CWM Custom Recovery installed. Use it to create a Nandroid backup.
- Back up important contacts, SMS messages and call logs.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install XOSP S+ Reborn Release 3 6.0.1 on LG Nexus 4
- Boot phone into CWM recovery.
- In CWM recovery choose to Wipe Data/Factory data reset and Wipe Cache. Then, navigate to Advance > Wipe Devlik Cache
- Download latestXOSP S+ Reborn Release 3.zip | Google Apps file and XOSPApps 04-02-2016.zip
- Copy these downloaded file to the root of device’s SD card.
- Go back to the main menu in CWM recovery.
- Tap and selectInstall Zip > Choose Zip from SD card > Select XOSP S+ Reborn Release 3.zip file.
- Confirm the Installation on Next screen
- When the installation is over, flash Googleapps.zip the same way
- After flashing Gapps, flash XOSPApps 04-02-2016.zip
- When all three files have been flashed, go back to the main screen
- Reboot device.
Have you installed this ROM on the LG Nexus 4?
Share your experience in the comments box below.