Moto G 4G 2015 Review
The Moto G 4G 2014 has been upgraded, do it’s specifications give the value for money or not? Read on to find out.
The description of Moto G 4G 2015 includes:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 1.2 GHz quad-core processor
- Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage and an expansion slot for external memory
- 5mm length; 70.7mm width and 11mm thickness
- A display of 5-inches and 1,280 x 720 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 155g
- Price of £149
- The design of Moto G 2015 is exactly like the Moto G 2014.
- The build of the handset feels robust; the physical material is sturdy and durable.
- Measuring 11.6mm it seems chunky; no one would call it a slim handset.
- Weighing 155g, it feels rather heavy.
- The front facia has no buttons.
- On the right edge there is a volume rocker button and power button on the right edge.
- The backplate is rubberised which has a good grip.
- The handset can be personalised by using coloured flip shells.
- The flip shells are attached by removing the backplate.
- To provide extra protection, grip shells are fitted around the back of the handset.
- The cases come in a range of bright colours.
- Moto G 4G is a water resistant handset, so you won’t have to worry about using it in the rain.
- There is an expansion slot for micro SD card and the micro SIMs slot beneath the backplate.
- The battery is non-removable.
- The 5-inch screen offers 1280 x 720 pixels of display resolution. The pixel density has reduced to 294ppi.
- For what it is worth video viewing, web browsing and eBook reading experience is great.
- The clarity of the handset is stunning and the colours are bright and vibrant.
- The display screen is protected by Corning Gorilla glass 3.
- The viewing angles are also impressive.
- The front houses a 2 megapixel camera which makes video calling possible.
- There is an 8 megapixel camera at the back.
- Videos can also be recorded at 720p.
- The snapshot quality is great, colours are clean and vibrant.
- Features like Burst mode, slow motion videos and HDR mode are present.
- The handset comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 1.2 GHz quad-core
- The processor is accompanied by 1GB RAM.
- The processing is smooth; no lag was noticed in day-to-day use.
Memory & Battery
- The handset has 8 GB of built in storage
- The memory in Moto G 4G 2015 can be increased with a microSD card.
- The 2390mAh battery will easily get you through a day of medium use but heavy will end the battery in 10 hours.
- The Moto G 4G 2015 runs Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system.
- The old tool for migrating your data from an old handset is still here.
- The Assist app is still here, that turns the phone to silent mode at the set time, it even accesses your Calendar to know when the phone needs to be set to silent mode.
Moto G 4G 2015 does not seem as attractive on specifications as the original Moto G did but nonetheless it is still very charming. The price has now become the issue as other handsets by ZTE, Huawei and HTC have put Moto G in a very competitive market by giving better specifications at lower price. Motorola really need to pull up it’s game to keep it’s leading place in the budget market.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below