In this post, were going to show you how you can install Android 5.1 Lollipop, install TWRP recovery and root a Moto G GPe using the One Click Tool. Follow along.
Prepare your device:
1. This guide should only be used with a Moto G GPe
2. Charge battery to at least over 60 percent.
3. Unlock device’s bootloader.
4. Have a custom recovery installed. Afterwards, use it to make a backup nandroid.
5. After rooting your device, use Titanium Backup
6. Backup SMS messages, call logs, and contacts.
7. Backup any important media content.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone using One Click Tool can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Moto G all in One Tool: Link
Update To Android 5.1 Lollipop
1. Extract the downloaded file anywhere.
2. Go to the tools folder and run abd-setup-1.4.2exe
3. Wait for the setup to finish.
4. Put your device into download mode. First, turn it off. Then, turn it back on by pressing the power and volume down buttons.
5. Connect your device to your PC.
6. From GPe_5.1_OneClick run, double click the Flash_GPe_5.1.bat
7. When the process is finished, reboot the device.
Install TWRP and Root:
1. Download and install SuperSu from the Google Play Store onto your phone.
2. Reboot device in download mode.
3. Connect the device to PC.
4. Go to ROOT_RECOVERY folder.
5. Run Flash_recovery.bat
6. Wait for the process to finish then go into Recovery Mode.
7. Go to Install Zip and choose UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
8. Confirm installation.
9. Reboot the device.
Have you updated your device using this One Click Tool?
Share your experience in the comments box below.