Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ vs Google Nexus 6
Here is a comparison to see how the cool new Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ fairs against the Google Nexus 6. Both the handsets have a few similarities but the differences are more, so which handset is more deserving of your attention? Read on to know the answer.
- The design of S6 edge+ is very pleasing to the eyes while the design of Google Nexus 6 is very standard and lacks the glamour and style.
- The edge functionality of S6 edge+ is very impressive. It is the first phablet that has a curved edge screen.
- The physical material of the S6 edge+ is metal and glass. It feels robust in hand. Front and back are protected by Gorilla Glass.
- The physical material of the Nexus 6 is also metal but back is made of plastic. The handset is sturdy and the design is neat.
- Both the handsets are fingerprint magnet but Nexus 6 feels more greasy as compared to S6 edge+.
- The screen to body ratio for Nexus 6 is 74.1%.
- The screen to body ratio for S6 edge+ is 75.6%.
- Nexus 6 measures 3 x 83mm in length and width while S6 edge+ measures 154.4 x 75.8mm. So they are almost similar in this field but S6 is more comfortable to use on a daily basis and it is also comfortable for pockets.
- The thickness of Nexus 6 is 10.1mm while that of S6 edge+ is 6.9mm hence the latter feels more sleek and stylish as compared to Nexus 6.
- There is a lot of bezel above the screen on Nexus 6.
- Samsung trademark buttons are present on S6 edge+. Below the screen you will see a physical button for Home function. The Home button also acts as a fingerprint scanner.
- Buttons for back and Menu functions are present on either side of the Home button.
- On the right edge you will find the power button while volume rocker button is present on the left edge.
- Headphone jack and microUSB port are present on the bottom edge.
- The navigation buttons for Nexus 6 are present on the screen.
- The headphone jack for Nexus 6 is present on the top edge while the USB port is on the bottom edge.
- Volume rocker and power buttons are present on the right edge.
- S6 edge plus comes in colors of Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, Silver Titan and White Pearl.
- Nexus 6 comes in cloud white and midnight blue.
- Nexus 6 has a 6 inch display screen.
- S6 edge+ has a 5.7 inch display screen.
- The resolution of both the devices is 1440 x 2560 pixels.
- The pixel density on Nexus is 490ppi while on S6 edge plus is 515ppi.
- Nexus 6 is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 while S6 edge plus is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
- On S6 you will find Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen while on Nexus 6 you will see AMOLED capacitive touch screen.
- The color calibration on Nexus 6 is not very good while on S6 edge+ it is simply superb.
- Both the screens have used Diamond PenTile matrix.
- Both devices have minimum brightness at 1 nit which is good news for night birds.
- S6 edge+ has maximum brightness at 502 nits which is excellent.
- The maximum brightness of Nexus 6 at 270nits is very poor.
- Colors are very sharp and vibrant on S6 edge+.
- Viewing angles on both the devices are very good but S6 edge+ is a little ahead of Nexus 6 in that field.
- Text clarity on Nexus 6 is great.
- Both the handsets are ideal for web browsing while for image and video viewing S6 edge+ is better.
Memory & Battery
- Both the handsets come in two versions in terms of the built in memory, both of them have a 32 GB version and a 64 GB version.
- Unfortunately both of them lack a slot for external storage so they stand at equal places in this field.
- There are many cloud storage options on both devices.
- Nexus 6 has a 3220mAh non removable battery.
- S6 edge+ has a 3200mAh non removable battery.
- The constant screen on time for S6 edge+ is 9 hours and 29 minutes at 200 nits brightness.
- The constant screen on time for Nexus 6 is 7 hours and 59 minutes.
- The time to charge the battery from 0-100% on S6 edge+ is 1 hour and 20 minutes while on Nexus 6 is 1 hour and 38 minutes.
- Both the devices also support wireless charging but you have to buy the charger.
- S6 edge+ has upped itself from Nexus 6 in the battery life.
- S6 edge+ has Exynos 7420 chipset system.
- The processor on it is Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57.
- The graphical processing unit is Mali-T760MP8.
- It has 4 GB RAM.
- Nexus 6 has Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset system along with Quad-core 2.7 GHz Krait 450 processor.
- The processor is accompanied by 3 GB RAM.
- The graphical processing unit on Nexus 6 is Adreno 420.
- Both the handsets have very fast processing and responses.
- Single core performance on S6 edge+ is 40% more than Nexus 6 while multi-core performance is also much more.
- According to the resulting benchmark performance score S6 edge+ is definitely taking the lead in the performance section.
- Mali-T760MP8 can handle graphically advanced games very easily while Adreno 420 does not do that well.
- S6 edge+ has a 16 megapixel camera at the rear while on the front there is a 5 megapixel camera.
- The camera performance of S6 edge+ is very very fast. No stutter was noticed.
- The feature of autofocus is very fast on S6 edge+.
- Optical image stabilization feature on S6 edge+ is also very good.
- Double tap on the Home button takes you straight to the camera app.
- The camera app in S6 edge+ is remarkable. It is filled with features and tweaks.
- The image quality on the front camera is very good.
- The camera has a wide aperture so group selfies are not a problem.
- There are so many modes.
- Editing image is very easy.
- Settings are very easy to find while on Nexus 6 it takes a bit of time to figure out everything.
- Images quality from S6 edge+ is stupendous; colors are pleasing to the eyes, details are sharp and clear.
- Nexus 6 has a 13 megapixel camera at the rear while on the front there is a mediocre 2 megapixel camera.
- Nexus 6 has a dual LED flash while S6 edge+ only has a single one.
- The Nexus 6 camera is also very good, it gives detailed clear images but the colors sometimes seem a bit washed out.
- Indoor picture quality on both handsets is good. Images are sharp and clear.
- The front camera on Nexus 6 gives mediocre images; the images are not detailed or bright enough.
- Nexus 6 runs Android OS, v5.0 (Lollipop) operating system which can be upgraded to Android 5.1.1.
- S6 edge+ runs Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- Samsung has used its trademark TouchWiz interface.
- The edge functionality offered on S6 edge+ is amazing.
- Google has used pure Android interface.
- Both devices have 4G LTE connectivity.
- The features of dual band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.4, NFC and GPS are also present.
- Browsing is pretty smooth on Chrome browser in both handsets.
Considering all the specifications of both handsets one can easily say that the vote goes to Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+. The prices of Google Nexus 6 is $500 while for S6 edge+ is $800. You can choose wisely depending on the amount of money you want to spend.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below