Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T807 Android 5.0
Samsung has now released an update to Android 5.0 Lollipop for their Galaxy Tab S. There are several variants available of Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and the update has been released for almost all of them. One of these variants is their LTE variant that carries model number T807.
If you have updated your Samsung Galaxy Tab S10.5 to Android 5.0, you may have noticed you lost your root access. Or you might never have bothered getting root access before. In any case, if you want to get root access on a Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T807, we have the guide for you. We are also going to throw in a guide to installing TWRP recovery on the device.
Prepare your device:
- This guide and the methods within are only for use with a Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T907.
- Charge your device so it has up to 50 percent of its power.
- Have an original data cable that you can use to connect your device to a PC.
- Make a backup of any important data that you have on your device.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Samsung USB drivers (install on PC)
- Odin3 v3.10. (install on PC)
- TWRP Recovery.tar (save on desktop)
- Super Su zipfile (copy to your Galaxy Tab S 10.5)
Install TWRP & Root Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T807 On Android Lollipop
- Open Odin3 V3.10.6.exe
- Put Tab S 10.5 in download mode. Turn it off completely then turn it back on by pressing and holding the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons. When your device boots up, press Volume Up button to continue.
- Connect device to PC now. ID:COM box on Odin3’s top-left corner should turn blue if your device is connected properly.
- Go to the AP tab in Odin. Look for and select the downloaded TWRP Recovery file. Odin will load the file.
- Check the options in Odin. If you see that the Auto-reboot option is un-ticked, make sure to tick it. All other options should remain as is.
- Check that your Odin screen matches the one show below.
- Click the start button on Odin to flash the recovery.
- When flashing is through, you should see the process box located above the ID:COM box have a green light.
- Disconnect your device from the PC.
- Turn your device off.
- Boot it into recovery mode by turning it on by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons.
- In TWRP recovery, select Install> locate SuperSu.zip> Flash.
- After flashing, reboot device.
- Check that you have SuperSu in your devices app drawer.
- Go to the Google Play Store. Find and Install BusyBox.
- Use Root Checker to verify that you have root access.
Have you gained root access and installed custom recovery on your Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T807?
Share your experience in the comments box below.