HTC Desire 300 Review
A new handset in the budget-market, what does HTC Desire 300 offer? Read the full hands-on review to know the answer.
The description of HTC Desire 300 includes:
- Snapdragon S4 1GHz dual core processor
- Android 4.1operating system
- 4GB internal storage and an expansion slot for external memory
- 78 mm length; 66.23 mm width and 10.12mm thickness
- A display of 3-inch and 800 x 480 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 120g
- Price of £175
- The design of the handset is nice; it is somewhat similar to HTC One.
- The build material feels robust and sturdy; it sure can withstand a few drops.
- The corners are curved which make the handset comfortable to hold.
- Weighing 120g it does not feel very heavy.
- There are three buttons beneath the screen for Home, Back and Menu Functions.
- Due to the bezel above and below the screen, the handset feels tall.
- At 10.12mm it feels a little thicker than usual.
- The handset is available in both black and white.
- There is a wrap around backplate which can be removed to reveal micro SIM and microSD card slot.
- The micro SD card can be removed without removing the battery.
- The handset has a 4.3 inch display with 800 x 480 pixels of display resolution.
- The resolution is very low. Its competitor Moto G by Motorola offers a 5-inch screen with 1,280 x 720 pixels of display resolution.
- Text clarity is not very good.
- Image and video viewing is passable.
- There is a 5 megapixel camera at the back.
- The front holds a VGA camera.
- There is no LED flash.
- Outdoor pictures are just average while indoor pictures are below.
- Videos can be recorded at 480p.
Memory & Battery
- The handset offers 4 GB of built in storage of which only 2.2 GB is available to the user. The on board memory is clearly not sufficient for many things.
- Thankfully the memory can be enhanced by the use of micro SD card.
- The 1650mAh battery is not sufficient for the whole day if you are a heavy user, you might need an afternoon top for that.
- The Snapdragon S4 1GHz dual core processor gives mediocre performance.
- The complementing 512 MB Ram is simply last generation stuff.
- The processing and response is frustratingly slow.
- The handset runs Android 4.1operating system, which has become quite old-fashioned considering the current handsets are running Android 4.1.2.
- HTC has used its latest Sense 5.
- The BlinkFeed feature has been refined, which brings external news sources as well as your social news on the home screen.
HTC Desire 300 comes with mostly outdates specifications and features. There is nothing new or extraordinary about the handset. The design is good, performance is average, camera is mediocre and operating system is outdated. There are much better handsets in the market at the same price one of the biggest example is Moto G. You might want to look around before sticking to this one.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below