An Overview of Xperia M4 Aqua
Xperia M4 aqua is a mid range hand, some of its features have been taken from Sony’s best selling mobiles. The handset is fully water proof with an attractive specifications list… but there is always a catch. What’s the catch in this handset?? Read the full review to know.
The description of Xperia M4 Aqua includes:
- Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 Chipset system
- Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A53 processor
- Android OS, v5.0 (Lollipop) operating system
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB storage and an expansion slot for external memory
- 5mm length; 72.6mm width and 7.3mm thickness
- A screen of 0 inch and 720 x 1280 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 136g
- 13 MP rear camera
- 5 MP front camera
- Price of $350
- The design of the handset is very smooth and attractive; it is very much similar to Xperia Z3. The trademark design features of the Xperia range are visible.
- It looks more expensive than it really is; the back plate is very shiny.
- The physical material of the handset is plastic but it feels robust in hand.
- The handset is available in four colours of Black, White, Coral, Silver.
- IP68 certifies that it is dust and water resistant.
- Even when the device is soaking wet it can be used to its full potential.
- The backplate cannot be removed so the battery cannot be reached either.
- The silver round power button present on the right edge of the handset has become Xperia’s trademark feature.
- There is a well sealed slot for Nano SIM on the right edge and microSD card slot is on the left edge.
- The volume button and the camera button are also present on the right edge.
- Headphone jack is on the top edge while the USB slot is on the left edge.
- The handset weighs 136g.
- Measuring 7.3mm in thickness, it feels very sleek in hand.
- The screen to body ratio of the device is 65.2%.
- The navigation buttons are on the screen.
- There are two speakers, one top and the other one below the screen.
- The handset offers a 5 inch display.
- The resolution of the display is 720 x 1280 pixels.
- The pixel density is of 294ppi.
- The display is sharp but you can notice the pixelization when you look at it carefully.
- The colour calibration is not very perfect.
- The colours are a bit washed out.
- There are manual controls for adjusting the colours.
- The colour temperature of the screen is 7400 Kelvin.
- The maximum brightness of the screen is 551nits.
- Minimum brightness is at 49 nits, this is really poor.
- The handset has Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615.
- The processor is Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A53.
- Adreno 405 is the graphic unit.
- It has 2 GB RAM.
- The processing is mostly smooth for daily tasks.
- The processor is not powerful enough for heavy games.
- When heavy apps were operated the handset showed a fee lags.
Memory & Battery
- The device has 8 GB of built in storage of which less than 6 GB is available to the user.
- The handset supports the much needed microSD card, so memory can be augmented.
- The handset has 2400mAh non removable battery.
- The total screen on time of the device is 6 hours and 22 minutes.
- The charging time from 0-100% is 2 hours and 52 minutes, this is poor.
- The battery will get you through a day and a half if you are a medium user.
- The back holds a 13 megapixels camera.
- The front houses a 5 megapixel camera.
- The aperture of the lens is f/2.0.
- The back camera shoots video at 1080p.
- The handset has single LED flash.
- The colours of the images are not properly calibrated.
- Indoor pictures are surprisingly good.
- The selfie cam gives almost nice images, the images are detailed. The colours are not very perfect.
- The camera app is very slow.
- There are a very large number of camera settings that are very interesting.
- Superior Auto is a function that has the ability to recognize 36 different scenarios furthermore it alters the settings in accordance with the scenarios.
- There is also a feature to reduce the effect of the back lighting.
- Video recording gives mediocre videos.
- The handset operates Android OS, v5.0 (Lollipop), which is upgradable to marshmallow.
- The handset has Google Chrome as the default browser.
- The browsing experience is fast, loading, zooming and scrolling is smooth.
- The features of 4G LTE, Bluetooth and dual band Wi-Fi are present.
- Sony’s Music app works smoothly.
- The gallery app has a few editing options.
- The call quality of the device is good.
In the box you will find:
- Sony Xperia M4 Aqua.
- Start guide
- Wall charger
- Micro USB cable
The handset definitely has some of its faults, the camera is not satisfying and the built in storage is very less for the prices range. The display quality is also a bit low.
The design of the handset is very attractive and the processing is fast. It is a good handset but really not worth the price.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below.