Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo
The latest Android handset by Sony Ericsson is worthy of great admiration.
Sony Xperia Neo Review
The description of Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo includes:
- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system
- 320MB internal storage plus 8GB microSD card, 512MB RAM
- 116 mm length; 67mm width and 13mm thickness
- A display of 3.7inches and 480 x 854 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 126g
- Price of $399.99
The build and material of Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo are not very likable.
- The curvy design looks very neat and unique.
- Beautiful and deep colors have been introduced in Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo, along with the usual silver, white and black.
- There are three buttons beneath the home screen for back, home and menu functions.
- The plasticky chassis feels durable but not very strong.
- It is very comfortable to use due to its light weight and small body.
- For external connections, there is also an HDMI port on the top.
The 320MB of built-in memory is a letdown, but on the bright side, Xperia Neo comes with an 8GB microSD card for external storage.
Software & Features
- The annoying Timescape application which brings together Facebook, Twitter and SMS on one of the home screens is still present in Xperia Neo.
- One of the nice things is that Facebook, Twitter and Google friends can be integrated into the main contacts on Xperia Neo
- Xperia Neo offers five home screens; .each home screen has a shortcut bar at the bottom that offers access to four apps (messaging, contacts, phone dialler, and music store) and main application screen.
- The system is very flexible and easy to use.
- Apps can be arranged alphabetically and by the frequency of use.
Performance & Battery
- The 1GHz+Adreno 205 GPU processor ensures smooth running. The touch is very effective and there are no delays in response.
- Unlike the previous Sony Ericsson’s handsets, the operating system is up-to-date with Android 2.3.
- Battery life is average although it will get you through the day, with heavier use you will need to recharge it once.
- There is an 8-megapixel camera at the back.
- Another camera sits at the front.
- Features of LED flash, smile and face detection, and geotagging are available and working.
- Photos can also be edited through the photo-editing app with the gallery.
- Video recording at 720p is also good.
- While a 3.7 inches the display is a little small but still usable for media involving activities like video viewing and web browsing.
- The display resolution is sharp and bright since it has 480x458pixels.
- Video and photo quality are also enhanced by Sony Mobile Bravia Engine.
Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo: Conclusion
Overall the specifications are good but the phone is a little expensive. Furthermore, Xperia Neo offers better features than its predecessors. Because fast performance, good snapshots, average design and good Android skin, Xperia Neo has about everything but Sony Ericsson still needs some progress.
Have a question or want to share your experience
you can do so in the comment section box below