Huawei Ascend G300 Review
Huawei Ascend G300 has hit the budget market; does it offer enough specifications to be the leading budget smartphone? So read the full review to find out.
The description of Huawei Ascend G300 includes:
- Qualcomm MSM 7227A 1GHz processor
- Android 2.3 operating system
- 1GB RAM, 2.5GB internal storage coupled with an expansion slot for external memory
- 5 mm length; 63mm width and 10.5mm thickness
- A display of 4-inch together with 480 x 800 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 140g
- Price of $100
- Huawei Ascend G300 has a unique design and it can be easily mistaken for an expensive handset.
- The material of the build is completely plastic but it has been designed in such a way that it looks metallic.
- It is a combination of white and silver.
- There are four touch buttons beneath the screen for Home, Menu and Back functions, which are not very responsive to touch. So you might have to tap several times to get a response.
- The volume button is on the left edge.
- Moreover, the headset connector and power button are on the top edge.
- MicroUSB connector is on the bottom edge.
- Considering the price the display screen is relatively large measuring 4.0 inches.
- Video viewing, web browsing, and typing are very easy.
- The 480 x 800 pixels of display resolution gives bright colours and a clear display but it is not very good.
- Moreover, outdoor screen viewing is not very pleasant.
- There is no front camera while the back holds a 5-megapixel camera.
- The snapshots produced by this camera are good as compared to other handsets in the same price.
- Huawei Ascend G300 has come with 1GHz processor along with 1GB RAM.
- The processor flies through most of the task, it is very impressive for what it’s worth.
Memory & Battery
- Huawei Ascend G300 has 4 GB on built in memory of which only 2.5GB available to the user.
- Moreover, memory can be increased by the addition of a microSD card.
- The 1500mAh battery is pretty remarkable which will easily get you through a day of heavy usage.
- Ascend G300 runs Android 2.3 operating system which is not really up to date considering that Jelly Bean is just around the corner.
- Furthermore, the handset offers five home screens, which have a very subtle skin nothing very special about it.
- There are three app shortcuts-dialler, calendar and messages on the lock screen which are very handy.
- Ascend G300 supports Flash, so now video viewing on the web is possible on this budget handset, a never before seen the feature.
- The screen is very responsive to touch.
- There is also the TouchPal keyboard, which you can switch to from android keyboard. It offers a number of functions and features.
Finally, the handset looks expensive and smart, the performance is fast, the battery is durable and the display is also good. There are a few faults like the memory, camera, and touch but you can’t really blame the handset. Moreover, the features are impressive if the price of the handset if kept in mind.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below