Acer Liquid S1 Duo Review
Now coming in the market is an Android Phablet by Acer, almost all the phablets are too expensive to be present in the budget market, so what is Acer Liquid S1 Duo doing here? What is unique about Acer Liquid S1 Duo? Read on to find out.
The description of Acer Liquid S1 Duo includes:
- 5GHz quad core processor
- Android 4.2 operating system
- 8GB storage internal storage and an expansion slot for external memory
- 83 mm length; 6 mm width and 163 mm thickness
- A display of 7 inch and 1,280 x 720 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 195g
- Price of £220
- Visually the design of the phablet is great.
- The upper edge has a slight depth, which looks nice.
- A few creaks were heard at the corners, which means it is not as sturdy and durable as it look.
- There are three buttons for Home, Back and Menu functions beneath the screen.
- The volume rocker button is on the right edge.
- The top houses a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Acer Liquid S1 Duo is dual SIM supported.
- The back plate is very smooth which can be removed to reach the SIMs as well as the microSD card slot.
- The 5.7 inch screen comes with 1,280 x 720 pixels of display resolution. Considering the price the display resolution is good. More expensive devices like Note 3 have HD displays now-a-days.
- The brightness is good.
- Text is very clear which is great for activities like web browsing and eBook reading.
- Video and image viewing experience is also good.
- The back holds an 8 megapixel camera while on the front there is a 2 megapixel one.
- The front camera has a wider angle lens.
- Videos can be recorded at 1080p.
- The feature of LED flash is also present.
- The image quality is stunning.
- The 5GHz quad core processor complemented by 1GB RAM is pretty fast.
- The processor performed all the tasks that were thrown at it.
- Excluding a few heavy apps the processor handles everything nicely.
Memory & Battery
- There is 8 GB of built in storage of which only 5 GB is available to the user, this is the only letdown of the phablet.
- Although Acer has tried to redeem itself by providing a microSD card to enhance the memory field.
- The 2400mAh battery is slightly insufficient for a phablet. You will need to charge at least once during the day.
- Acer Liquid S1 Duo runs Android 4.2.
- The phablet supports dual SIM, so you can have the advantage of work and personal SIM in one.
- There are many pre-installed apps and utilities which can help in the daily tasks, especially if they are business related for example print utility, Evernote, Livescreen, file manager and Facebook.
- Long press of the multi tasking button allows you to run pop-up apps like camera, calculator, note apps, timer, web browser and so on, without leaving the app you are already using.
- Another feature allows you to capture photos from the front and the back camera by saying the word cheese, which might be useful when you are taking group photos and cannot reach the camera button.
If you have always wanted to use a phablet before but found it too expensive for your budget, then Acer Liquid S1 Duo might be the answer to your needs. The phablet is crammed with specifications and features and it is within your budget.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below