The ThL T6 Pro
ThL, a Chinese smartphone maker, released a few interesting phones recently. One of these is the ThL T6 Pro which costs less than $120.
We got a hold of one and in this review; we let you know what kind of phone you can expect for $120.
- The T6 Pro stands at around 143.9 x 71.6 and is 8.2 mm thick whch makes the phone’s dimensions middle-of-the road.
- The T6 Pro is easy to handle. It is also feels very light.
- The front has the display with three capacitive buttons for the menu, home and back on the bottom. At the top of the display is the speaker grill and the front camera.
- The power button is placed on the right side while the volume rocker is on the left.
- The USB port and the headphone jack are placed on the top for the phone.
- The phone is decorated by two metal bands which run down the sides.
- The back has a camera with an LED flash. The speaker grill is also located in the back.
- The back cover is made of matte plastic and has a slightly dimpled design.
- The T6 Pro is available in both white and black
- The T6 Pro has a 5-inch display with a resolution of 1280 x 720.
- The viewing angles and color reproduction are okay and at par to what you can expect for the phone price.
- Whiles are slightly grey while primary colors are slightly dull.
- The T6 Pro uses a octa-core Mediatek MT6592M Cortex-A7 processor that clocks at 1.4 GHz. This is more than sufficient for most phone tasks.
- The Cortex-A7 is not the fastest core available but it is very energy efficient.
- The T6 Pro has a good AnTuTu score of 26696.
- The T6 Pro has great GPS performance, getting a lock quickly when used outside. Though it may perform slower indoors then outdoors, the GPS still gets a lock when indoors.
- There is some issue when using the phone’s GPS and Bluetooth simultaneously but the interruptions are merely temporary.
- There is no built-in compass in the T6 Pro.
- The T6 Pro has a 1,900 mAh battery.
- Unfortunately, this battery doesn’t quite provide enough power to last through a full working day. This could be because the display and octa-core processor both use too much power.
- The T6 Pro has the usual connectivity options, including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), and 2G GSM and 3G. It does not have NFC or LTE.
- The T6 Pro has two SIM card slots, one normal and the other micro SIM.
- This device is compatible with 900 and 2100MHz 3G frequencies. This should allow the phone to work with most carriers all over the world except the US. However, as the T6 Pro also has 2G, the phone should still work fine in the US.
- The Wi-Fi signal can be weak.
- The T6 Pro uses a 8 MP rear camera and a 2MP front camera.
- The cameras are reasonably good and work well outdoors and indoors as it has a F2.2 aperture.
- The back camera automatically extrapolated to 13MP.
- Colors are unfortunately bland but they can be easily tweaked by photo editor applications.
- The front camera can be extrapolated to 8 MP.
- The rear camera can record videos at 1092 x 1099.
- The front camera can record videos at 640 x 480.
- Camera app is standard with face detection, burst mode and HDR.
- You can download and install Google’s camera app from the Google Play Store.
- The T6 Pro has 8GB of flash and this is divided into 2GB of internal storage with 4 GB of phone storage.
- Storage is expandable with the use of a memory card.
- The T6 Pro uses Android 4.4.2
- Comes with an extra setting to enable “CPU power saving mode” that is supposed to conserve battery life while lowering the device temperature.
- There is a “Multitasking Window” setting and a always on-top” menu setting.
- There is an Apps permission setting in the Security section. This will enable you to set and control which apps can make calls, send SMS, get a location and others.
ThL T6 Pro Software
- The ThL T6 Pro has a build in launcher, the Launcher 3 which is part of the Android Open Source project.
- If you don’t want to use the Launcher 3, you can easily download and install a Google Now Launcher from the Google Play Store.
- The T6 Pro has full support from Google Play and you can get all of the normally available Google apps that you want.
Pricing and conclusion
The ThL brand isn’t one that is well known outside of China, but in China, this is a name that is established and trusted with over 340 stores across the country.
Currently, outside of China the T6 Pro can be bought for around $117 or 92 Euros, not including shipping or local import taxes.
For its price, the T6 Pro is a great phone and even excels in many areas, including performance. Its weak points are its lack of LTE and less than stellar display. But considering its price, the T6 Pro’s weak points are easy to learn to live with.
What do you think ThL T6 Pro?