Fix Facing Battery Life Problems
If you have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and have updated it to Android 5.0 Lollipop, you may have noticed that your battery life has decreased. Luckily for you, we have a fix for that. Follow along with our guide below.
How To: Fix the bad battery life of a Samsung Galaxy S5 updated to Lollipop:
It could be that one or more of your apps is now using too much power. Check and fix by performing the following steps.
- Go to Settings
- Go to the System tap and find the Battery icon. Tap the battery icon.
- You should now see a list of apps and their battery usage. Determine which is using most of the battery. You will either have to stop that, remove it, or reinstall it.
- Go to the main menu of Settings.
- Go to Application Manager.
- Clear the cache as well as the data of the app that is currently consuming most of the battery.
- Tap on uninstall to check.
If you’ve looked at your apps and none of them seem to be the cause of the battery drain, try booting your Samsung Galaxy S5 into safe mode.
- Turn your device off.
- Press and hold down the power and volume down keys till the device turns on. When it turns on released the power button.
- When you are in safe mode, choose the one or several of the options below and see if they help stop the battery drain:
- Restart device
- Disable all services
- Use a black paper instead of a colorful one
- Stop using a third party launcher
- Downgrade your device back to Android 4.4
- Perform a factory reset
Have you solved the battery drain issue on your Samsung Galaxy 5?
Share your experience in the comments box below.