Get iTune On Your Android Smartphone
Apple’s iTune program has revolutionized the way people that people consume music. Even before smartphones allowed us to listen to music anytime and anywhere, iTunes let people listen to their favourite albums via Apple products such as the iPad. iTunes has evolved along with Apple’s other products, iPhones and iPads, allowing users to sync their music libraries.
While there is no iTunes on Android devices, you can still sync your iTunes library to your Android device. This will allow you to use iTunes to play music on your Android Smartphone. In this guide, we’re going to show you a couple of ways you can do so.
- Use Google Play Music
Google Play Music is an official and stock music app that is part of Stock AOSP Android. With this app, you have enough cloud storage for around 60,00 songs. This app gives you access to your songs on both PCS and Android smartphones.
Google Play Music also provides you with native iTunes integration. This syncs the music library of iTunes with Android devices. As long as you have an active mobile data plan or a WiFi signal, you can listen to tracks on your iTunes library through Google Play Music or, you can pin a few favourite tracks to listen to offline.
- On your PC, open Google Music Manager. Log on using your Google Account.
- You will be given the option to choose the location of the music tracks you wish to upload.
- Choose iTunes
- Google Music Manager will begin to upload music files from iTunes.
- Open the Google Play Music app on your Android smartphone.
- Tap My Library. You should see your iTunes music here now.
- Use Double Twist
Double Twist synchs the music in your iTunes library to Android device through a USB connection. There is also a premium version known as AirSynch iTunes Sync & AirPlay costing around $4.99 that will allow you to synch music wirelessly.
- Using USB storage, connect the Android device to the PC.
- Open your PC’s DoubleTwist program and locate your device. It should be listed on your left-hand pane.
- Drag and drop music from your iTunes library onto your device.
Have you used one of these apps to play iTunes tracks on your Android device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.