How To Block Popup Ads On Your Android Device
If you want to get rid of pop-up ads on your Android device, we have compiled a list of various ways you can do so. Check them out below and choose the one that will work best for you.
- Disable Pop-ups in your Browsers
For stock Android browser:
- On the top right-hand corner of your browser, you will see the three-dot menu icon
- Click on the menu icon and then choose Settings.
- In Settings, choose Advanced.
- In the next screen, ensure Block Pop-ups is enabled.
Note: In some devices, the Block Pop-ups option is in Advanced>Content Settings.
For Google Chrome:
- You will also see the three dot menu icon on the top right-hand corner of your Chrome browser. Click on it.
- Choose Settings.
- In Settings, choose Site Settings.
- In Site Settings, choose Pop-ups.
- Chrome blocks pop-ups by default so you should see “Pop-ups Block (recommended)”.
- If you see that pop-ups are allowed however, toggle slider so you can disable pop-ups.
- Adblock Browser
Adblock has maid its own browser for Android which automatically block all the Ads in websites. Download the Adblock Browser for Android for free from the Google Play Store.
Note: The Adblock browser is not as versatile as say Google Chrome so keep that in mind before downloading this. If you would prefer to still use Chrome, there is a way to install Adblock settings in it.
- Install Adblocker on Chrome
Ideally, you need root access on your device to do this, but you can also manually set Adblock proxy on non-rooted devices.
- Download Adblock Plus.
- Configure Adblock proxy settings need to the WiFi network you use. This is something you are going to have to do every time you change WiFi networks.
- Install Adblock Plus
- Open Adblock Plus.
- You will see Configure on the top right-hand corner. Click on it. Your proxy configuration should be displayed. Take note of it.
- Go to Settings>WiFi Settings. Long tap on the WiFi network you are connected to and then tap Modify Network.
- Change proxy settings to Manual.
- Change proxy information using the values you took note of in step 5,
- Save the settings.
Have you gotten rid of web pop-ups in your Android device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.