Recover Data from Broken Screen Of Galaxy S2, S3, S4
If you have a smartphone, chances are, you are going to drop and break it at some point. The most common damage brought about by a fall is a broken screen. If that happens you have no choice but to take your device to a repair shop.
If you have a Galaxy S2, S3, or S4 and you have broken your screen, you might want to retrieve and save your data before taking it to a repair shop. In this guide, we are going to show you how.
Recover Data From a Broken Galaxy Device
Use this method only if you already have a Samsung account on your device.
- Open Samsung’s website.
- Click Find My Mobile
- Using your Samsung account, login.
- You should find that all options related to your Samsung Smartphone are now available on screen.
- You will see an option that will allow your device to be unlocked remotely. Choose this option,
- Unlock your device and then connect it to a PC. You can now access the data in your Galaxy device.
As we said above, this method only works if you already have a Samsung account on your device. As a precaution, we recommend that you make an account immediately to ensure that, when faced with a broken screen, you are prepared.
If you haven’t got a Samsung account, there is another method you can try, though this is a bit technical and you are going to need to tweak your hardware.
First, you need to have another device – the same as yours, that has a complete screen and is in working condition.
- Remove the tiny screws on the back of your device so you can remove the plastic cover and access the motherboard.
- Unclip the display cable of both of the phones.
- Now, connect the cable of the working device to the broken one. You should now be able to see the data from the broken device on the working device’s screen.
- Boot your device up and then connect it with PC, unlock your screen and save your data.
Have you saved the data from your device with a broken screen?
Share your experience in the comments box below.