How Get The Double Tap To Wake Feature On A Nexus 6
Features that are activated by the double tap help save our power button. The double tap features were first introduced by LG on their G2 and G3, but, in this post were going to show you how you can get the feature on a Nexus 6.
The double tap feature wakes your device automatically after a period of time. All you need to do is double tap on the screen. For some reason, Google has yet to officially enable this feature in their Nexus 6. However, if you follow the method we included below, you can download and install a file that will allow you to get the double tap to wake feature on a Nexus 6.
Note: In order to install this file you don’t need root access. This means that you can use this method even if you have not yet rooted your Nexus 6.
How to get double tap to wake on a Nexus 6 (No root access needed)
- The first step that you will need to take is to download double tap to wake on the Nexus 6.
- After you have downloaded the file, boot your Nexus 6 into recovery mode. To do so, you press and hold down on the volume down and power keys.
- After you have booted your Nexus 6 in recovery mode, you can use your volume keys to scroll through the options. Press the power button to make a selection.
- In recovery mode, press and hold down the volume up button. This should give you access to the recovery menu.
- Go through the menu until you get to the option install in recovery mode. Select that option.
- Select the download option.
- Select the zip file that was downloaded in the first step.
- On the screen, swipe to the right to confirm that you want to install the file.
- Wait for installation to finish. You should see a success message if installation was successful.
- Reboot your Nexus 6.
You should now be able to double tap to wake your Nexus 6.
Have you tried this?
Share your experience in the comments box below.