Change Your Country In The Google Play Store
In this post, we are going to guide you through the steps you need to take to change your country in the Google Play store. Some apps in the Google Play Store could have country restrictions. In order to get around these restrictions and download these apps, you need to change your country in Google Play.
We are going to show you two methods, you can try. The first is with instructions from Google Play support.
- Official Instructions to Change country in Google Play Store:
According to Google Play Support, if you have issues viewing your intended country’s Play Store and you would like to change your either your default payment method or update to an existing billing address in Google Wallet, you can take the following steps.
1) First you need to sign into the Google Wallet account that you want to manage your payment methods (https://wallet.google.com/manage/paymentMethods)
2) Next, you need to delete all your payment methods from Google Wallet, and then add only a card with a billing address located in your desired country
3) Open Play Store and go to any item available for download
4) Click to begin download until you reach the “Accept and buy” screen (no need to complete the purchase)
5) Close Play Store and clear data for Google Play Store application (Settings > Apps > Google Play Store > Clear Data) or clear browser cache
6) Re-open Play Store. You should now see that the Play Store matches your default payment instrument’s billing country.
If have yet to add a payment method to your, add a card directly from the Play Store with a billing address that matches the intended country location. After that, just follow steps 3 through 6.
- Alternate method
Step 1: Open the site wallet.google.com on a browser. Go to settings and from there change home address. After, go to the Address book tab and remove old address.
Step 2: After removing old address you should be prompted to accept new terms and condition for the new country.
Step 3: Open Google Play Store on device, go to settings> Apps > Google Play Store > Clear Data.
Have you changed the country on your Google Play Store account?
Share your experience in the comments box below.