The WhatsApp on PC
WhatsApp has been gaining popularity among smartphone users. It allows exchanging of SMS without extra charges. You can create group for friends and family members through which you can exchanged media files.
This app is only available on smartphones like iPhone, Android, Windows Phones and Blackberry. Many people are wondering if this app can also be used on a PC or Mac. With the help of the app, BlueStacks App Player, this app can be used on PC or Mac. This app is an emulator and is not only limited to the use of WhatsApp but to any other Android.
It can be used on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 Surface Pro and any Apple system. You can run different apps and games, not just WhatsApp, like Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds, Instagram and many more.
You will, however, need a secondary number if you want to install WhatsApp to another device because no single phone number can be used twice. If you do so, you will need to reverify the device everytime you used them.
Guide To The Installation
This is a guide on how to install the BlueStacks first.
Download the app from www.bluestacks.com and install.
A screen like the one shown below will be displayed.
There are two ways to download the apps. You can either sync it with your device or do it manually. Whichever way you prefer, you will need to set up an account to enable AppStore. Just follow the instructions.
The following steps are for the manual installation.
- Found at the right side of the screen is the search icon. Click on it.
- Type “WhatsApp on search and find
- Find the “WhatsApp Messenger” and click on it to install. A list of app store will be displayed, select any to start downloading.
- Go to My Apps after installation and click on the WhatsApp.
- Enter the country code and contact number and confirm other details.
- Enter a 6-digit code to active phone number. The SMS sending will fail so choose the “Call Me” option instead.
- Enter the 6-digit code after receiving a call to complete verification.
- Create an account, sync contacts and other details.
Your WhatsApp Messenger on PC is now ready.
You can send and receive message to and from the PC to any device.
Leave a comment below if you want to share experiences or ask questions.